BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bluetooth headset (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/182197-bluetooth-headset.html)

[email protected] April 16th 19 06:45 PM

Bluetooth headset

While I was 2AMazoning the other night I pulled the trigger on that
headset John was talking about. I think I got a price drop on that one
too. (Never did see the monkeys)
I had a little trouble getting it to talk to my XT laptop (I may just
not have the BT enabled or something)
When I plugged a BT dongle into my W7 media machine it came right up.
Since that is where I am going to use it anyway I am OK. To my tin ear
it works great and the noise canceling seems pretty good. W/7 decided
I needed 77 updates so I didn't get to use it much tho. Tonight I will
try it again.

[email protected] April 16th 19 07:32 PM

Bluetooth headset

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 13:45:30 -0400, wrote:

I had a little trouble getting it to talk to my XT laptop (I may just
not have the BT enabled or something)

===

If it's more than 10 or so years old, it probably doesn't have Blue
Tooth hardware built in.

---
https://www.avg.com

[email protected] April 16th 19 08:32 PM

Bluetooth headset

wrote:

I had a little trouble getting it to talk to my XT laptop (I may just
not have the BT enabled or something)

===

If it's more than 10 or so years old, it probably doesn't have Blue
Tooth hardware built in.

It is a Thinkpad, Lenovo style and it does have Bluetooth but I have
only used it for the mouse. Something strange is going on tho. The
windows screen will not let me turn discovery on. I didn't really
screw with it long because that wasn't where I wanted to use it
anyway. I just knew that one had Bluetooth. That was my old travel
laptop. I didn't try it on my new travel laptop yet. This was really
just for working back in the computer shop.
That is working so I am done for now.
My next question will be can I pair that to more than one machine
without losing functionality with the other one. (used one at a time)
How do I tell it which one I want?
My Bluetooth experience is really very low. I have really only used
the mouse and since they now have the Logitech 2.4gz system with the
same range, I don't really use that.
BTW if you haven't tried it, the Logitech system is great. One dongle
handles a bunch of different devices with a 30' range. It is great for
your TV connected PCs. I even have it out on the pool system and it
works farther than 30' there. (with a little hacking)