Default Using pellets on a charcoal grill?

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 17:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 8:16:03 PM UTC-4, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/9/19 7:17 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 18:55:37 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/9/19 4:19 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 10:57:08 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/9/19 9:29 AM, Tim wrote:
Been wondering about throwing some traeger pellets onmy charcoal grill. At my farm I have about all the cooking Woods I can cut. Cherry, wild plumb, Apple, persimmon, pecan, walnut, etc. one thing I don’t have is mesquite. So I thought after I got the charcoal and royal oak going I’d throw on some mesquite pellets.
Then
I hear that you need to soak them in water and wrap them in punctured tin foil and let them smolder. Then I’m told not to do it at all.

As long as they make smoke who cares. Oh well. I guess I’ll try something to see what doesn’t work..

Too much time on your hands.

Good food takes time.

Oh, I cook lots of nice stuff, but nothing I'd care to spend an entire
day on...

I know, if it can't be done in your instant pot it isn't happening.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. The IP can't be beat for certain
types of meals.

It's a pressure cooker. Went out in the 50's.

I know my grandmother had one and she screwed up everything that went
in there. I do understand why Harry doesn't like meat. He doesn't
understand how to cook it.
Tim Tim is offline

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 17:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
I know my grandmother had one and she screwed up everything that went
in there. I do understand why Harry doesn't like meat. He doesn't
understand how to cook it.

My grandmas used them to can tomatoes and other assorted vegetables.

On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 9:29:51 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 17:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
I know my grandmother had one and she screwed up everything that went
in there. I do understand why Harry doesn't like meat. He doesn't
understand how to cook it.

My grandmas used them to can tomatoes and other assorted vegetables.

Yep. I grew up om green beans and new potatoes that were canned by my mom. Good stuff in January when you couldn't get fresh. Much better than canned from the grocery store. And the frozen peas from the deep freezer. Yum!

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 18:29:49 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 17:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
I know my grandmother had one and she screwed up everything that went
in there. I do understand why Harry doesn't like meat. He doesn't
understand how to cook it.

My grandmas used them to can tomatoes and other assorted vegetables.

I have one that I will steam green beans in but I only cook them about
30 seconds. They come out bright green and still firm without being
crunchy. Get the water boiling and the top hot, Throw the beans in and
close it up. As as soon as the pressure starts venting, take it off
the heat and start slowly letting the pressure off. In about 30
seconds dump the steam and get them out.

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 03:13:51 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Tim wrote:

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 17:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
I know my grandmother had one and she screwed up everything that went
in there. I do understand why Harry doesn't like meat. He doesn't
understand how to cook it.

My grandmas used them to can tomatoes and other assorted vegetables.

So did my mom.

Ditto, always had a big garden.

On Tue, 09 Apr 2019 21:13:06 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 20:16:48 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/9/19 7:29 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 19:25:25 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

wrote:
On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 18:57:06 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/9/19 4:24 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 11:35:50 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/9/19 11:22 AM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
On 4/9/19 9:29 AM, Tim wrote:
Been wondering about throwing some traeger pellets onmy charcoal
grill. At my farm I have about all the cooking Woods I can cut.
Cherry, wild plumb, Apple, persimmon, pecan, walnut, etc. one thing
I don’t have is mesquite. So I thought after I got the charcoal and
royal oak going I’d throw on some mesquite pellets.
Then
I hear that you need to soak them in water and wrap them in punctured
tin foil and let them smolder. Then I’m told not to do it at all.

As long as they make smoke who cares. Oh well. I guess I’ll try
something to see what doesn’t work..

Too much time on your hands.

Beats the drive through at the local Tastie-Shak...

Those are your choices, eh? Maybe you should move to a place with more
eating venues.

Yeah, why learn to do anything if you can just pay someone?

Sort of depends on the quality of outcome you want, eh?

The only quality you can comprehend is the cosmetics on the outside.

You mean the beauty of your tiki bar is hidden?
The strength of the construction is there and not particularly well
hidden.
Several hurricanes later it is unharmed in any way.
You Northern folks can't say that. Any little dust devil or summer
squall devastates the place.
It is like "not quite a storm Sandy" that trashed a couple of states.

Ah, so you incorporated bond beams into your tiki bar and house, eh?

The addition on the house has a load bearing beam that is far stronger
than the basic bond beam. This is 2 #5s and 4 #7s
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/addi...am%20steel.jpg
Even the cap tie beam is more than what used to be called a bond beam.
It is 16" of solid concrete with 4 #5s
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/addi...am%20forms.jpg

The Tiki Bars are post and beam construction with the posts notched
and the beams bolted in with 1/2" galvanized hardware (4 per joint on
the critical ones)
The posts are 6"x16' salt treated pilings, 5 feet in the ground.
A 40' mango tree landed on the old tiki bar during Charley and only
dented the aluminum roof a little. The beam was unharmed.
You also seem to miss a basic concept. A "Tiki bar" is supposed to
emulate a 3d world island construction. It is not supposed to be fine
cabinetry, hence the deck boards are different length etc. The newer
one has Ipe decking, mahogany and Ipe trim and both have granite
counter tops.
I just built mine to the 150 MPH code.

Greg, Greg, Greg...Harry is simply displaying his jealousy of your ingenuity and abilities.