BoatBanter.com

-   -   Wow...road test on my... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/181522-wow-road-test-my.html)

Keyser Soze February 2nd 19 02:18 PM

Wow...road test on my...

....308, except I went for the 18" barrel and upgraded BCG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNSwASaj-E

John H.[_5_] February 2nd 19 02:28 PM

Wow...road test on my...

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 09:18:27 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

...308, except I went for the 18" barrel and upgraded BCG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNSwASaj-E

You should write a thank you letter to the NRA for the freedom to own one.

[email protected] February 2nd 19 03:06 PM

Wow...road test on my...

On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 09:28:36 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 09:18:27 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

...308, except I went for the 18" barrel and upgraded BCG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNSwASaj-E

You should write a thank you letter to the NRA for the freedom to own one.

===

Yes, and drop a note to the Maryland gun group at the same time. I'm
sure they'd be glad to hear from their favorite asshat.

---
https://www.avg.com

Keyser Soze February 2nd 19 03:46 PM

Wow...road test on my...

On 2/2/19 10:38 AM, Justan Ohlphart wrote:
Wrote in message:
On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 09:28:36 -0500, John H. wrote:On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 09:18:27 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:...308, except I went for the 18" barrel and upgraded BCG.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNSwASaj-EYou should write a thank you letter to the NRA for the freedom to own one.===Yes, and drop a note to the Maryland gun group at the same time. I'msure they'd be glad to hear from their favorite asshat.---This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

He was banished by the moderator, forever and ever, amen.

Wrong, **** for brains. I post there regularly, using your real name. :)

[email protected] February 2nd 19 05:12 PM

Wow...road test on my...

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 09:18:27 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

...308, except I went for the 18" barrel and upgraded BCG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNSwASaj-E

I would think an accuracy guy like you would go for the longer
barreled .308s.
Short barreled guns like that are for tactical situations like
clearing buildings.
A significant amount of the powder burns after the bullet leaves the
barrel. That was the biggest single gripe against the M1A SOCOM

Keyser Söze February 2nd 19 06:06 PM

Wow...road test on my...

wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 09:18:27 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

...308, except I went for the 18" barrel and upgraded BCG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNSwASaj-E

I would think an accuracy guy like you would go for the longer
barreled .308s.
Short barreled guns like that are for tactical situations like
clearing buildings.
A significant amount of the powder burns after the bullet leaves the
barrel. That was the biggest single gripe against the M1A SOCOM

An 18” barrel is good out to many hundreds of yards with proper ammo. Many
AR 10s are somd with 16” barrels. Rifle already is heavy enough.

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

[email protected] February 3rd 19 12:34 AM

Wow...road test on my...

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 13:06:17 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 09:18:27 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

...308, except I went for the 18" barrel and upgraded BCG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNSwASaj-E

I would think an accuracy guy like you would go for the longer
barreled .308s.
Short barreled guns like that are for tactical situations like
clearing buildings.
A significant amount of the powder burns after the bullet leaves the
barrel. That was the biggest single gripe against the M1A SOCOM

An 18” barrel is good out to many hundreds of yards with proper ammo. Many
AR 10s are somd with 16” barrels. Rifle already is heavy enough.

They are just trying to emulate the "Jungle Carbine" (CAR 15) that
came out of Vietnam. Are you really humping through the jungle hunting
Charlie?
BTW 16" is the shortest barrel you can have without another Form 4,
another loophole weapon.
I am surprised you don't have an "AR Pistol" except I doubt your state
would let you buy one.

Keyser Soze February 3rd 19 01:02 AM

Wow...road test on my...

wrote:
[...]

I doubt anyone with a contemporary .308 is trying to emulate anything. I
find the 18" barrel more than suitable for my needs.

John H.[_5_] February 3rd 19 02:11 PM

Wow...road test on my...

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 20:02:43 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 2/2/19 7:34 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 13:06:17 -0500, Keyser Sze wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Stump shooting doesn't require much accuracy.