BoatBanter.com

-   -   Happy Birthday Tim! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/180869-happy-birthday-tim.html)

John H.[_5_] November 29th 18 12:31 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

A little birdie told me today was the day!

Tim November 29th 18 12:43 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

John H
A little birdie told me today was the day!

Thanks John. Yep today I made it another round....

Mr. Luddite[_4_] November 29th 18 01:04 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On 11/29/2018 7:43 AM, Tim wrote:
John H
A little birdie told me today was the day!

Thanks John. Yep today I made it another round....

HBD Tim!

Tim November 29th 18 01:33 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

Mr. Luddite
HBD Tim!

Thanks Richard...!

Its Me November 29th 18 02:16 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 7:43:40 AM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
John H
A little birdie told me today was the day!

Thanks John. Yep today I made it another round....

Happy Birthday, Tim! Enjoy the day, eat some bacon. :)

Tim November 29th 18 02:19 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

8:16 AMIts Me
Happy Birthday, Tim! Enjoy the day, eat some bacon. :)

Oh, I plan on both!!! Thanks!

John H.[_5_] November 29th 18 02:37 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 06:16:24 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 7:43:40 AM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
John H
A little birdie told me today was the day!

Thanks John. Yep today I made it another round....

Happy Birthday, Tim! Enjoy the day, eat some bacon. :)

Bacon, egg, and Gouda cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight!

Tim November 29th 18 02:47 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

John H
Bacon, egg, and Gouda cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight!

Going to Denny’s. Plenty of bacon and eggs for everyone!

John H.[_5_] November 29th 18 02:48 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 06:47:06 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

John H
Bacon, egg, and Gouda cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight!

Going to Denny’s. Plenty of bacon and eggs for everyone!

Find one of those Denny's in the Flying J truckstops. They have some good 'truckers' specials' on
the menu.

Tim November 29th 18 03:56 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

8:48 AMJohn H
Find one of those Denny's in the Flying J truckstops. They have some good 'truckers' specials' on
the menu.

There’s one in Effingham that does that, but we’re going to meet up with my brother and his wife this evening, at Salem IL. There’s a brand new one there...

John H.[_5_] November 29th 18 04:24 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 07:56:51 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

8:48 AMJohn H
Find one of those Denny's in the Flying J truckstops. They have some good 'truckers' specials' on
the menu.

There’s one in Effingham that does that, but we’re going to meet up with my brother and his wife this evening, at Salem IL. There’s a brand new one there...

I'd think three "Grand Slams" should just about do it. (Of course the other folks will want to order
their own.)

Tim November 29th 18 04:43 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

10:24 AMJohn H
I'd think three "Grand Slams" should just about do it. (Of course the other folks will want to order
their own.)

That ought to put the olde sludge pump to the test...

Bill[_12_] November 29th 18 04:47 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

John H. wrote:
A little birdie told me today was the day!

Have a great day Tim.

[email protected] November 29th 18 05:53 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 04:43:38 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

John H
A little birdie told me today was the day!

Thanks John. Yep today I made it another round....

Now you can throw that fake ID away, you are legal to buy a beer.

True North[_2_] November 29th 18 06:06 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

Congratulations Tim.
Have you hit the double nickel yet?

Tim November 29th 18 07:40 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

True North
Congratulations Tim.
Have you hit the double nickel yet?

Lol Don. I did that 8 years ago. Thanks!

Keyser Soze November 29th 18 07:42 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On 11/29/18 2:40 PM, Tim wrote:
True North
Congratulations Tim.
Have you hit the double nickel yet?

Lol Don. I did that 8 years ago. Thanks!

Congrats...hope you have a few dozen more.

[email protected] November 29th 18 07:52 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 16:47:02 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

John H. wrote:
A little birdie told me today was the day!

Have a great day Tim.

===

Yes.

---
https://www.avg.com

Tim November 29th 18 08:22 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

1:42 PMKeyser Soze
Congrats...hope you have a few dozen more.

Thanks Harry. Thank You very much!

John H.[_5_] November 29th 18 09:05 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:22:51 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

1:42 PMKeyser Soze
Congrats...hope you have a few dozen more.

Thanks Harry. Thank You very much!

Now isn't that much nicer than a death wish?

Tim November 29th 18 10:46 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 3:05:00 PM UTC-6, John H wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:22:51 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

1:42 PMKeyser Soze
Congrats...hope you have a few dozen more.

Thanks Harry. Thank You very much!

Now isn't that much nicer than a death wish?

Very courteous. And I responded accordingly...

Alex[_17_] November 30th 18 12:37 AM

Happy Birthday Tim!

Its Me wrote:
On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 7:43:40 AM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
John H
A little birdie told me today was the day!

Thanks John. Yep today I made it another round....

Happy Birthday, Tim! Enjoy the day, eat some bacon. :)

I agree wholeheartedly and, without reservation or hesitation, with this
post!

Alex[_17_] November 30th 18 12:38 AM

Happy Birthday Tim!

Tim wrote:
John H
Bacon, egg, and Gouda cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight!

Going to Denny’s. Plenty of bacon and eggs for everyone!

Free dinner! Happy birthday.

Tim November 30th 18 03:35 AM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 6:38:07 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
Tim wrote:
John H
Bacon, egg, and Gouda cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight!

Going to Denny’s. Plenty of bacon and eggs for everyone!

Free dinner! Happy birthday.

And it was!. pretty light though. two eggs a couple pancakes and a couple pieces of bacon. that;s it. But, i did order a side of hash browns and sourdough toast though....

Keyser Soze November 30th 18 01:02 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

Tim wrote:
John H
Bacon, egg, and Gouda cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight!

Going to Denny’s. Plenty of bacon and eggs for everyone!

Free dinner! Happy birthday.

And it was!. pretty light though. two eggs a couple pancakes and a couple pieces of bacon. that;s it. But, i did order a side of hash browns and sourdough toast though....

Used to like Denny's, but the one nearest us took a slide downhill. Now,
we go to Bob Evans or, if up in Annapolis, iHop. Our favorite breakfast
restaurant, though, is Waffle House, for the food *and* entertainment.
Sadly, there's none around here so we only stop at one while "on the
road." Road food, up and down I-95, is, for the most part, dreadful.

I still have fond memories from 50+ years ago, of a place in Kansas City
where you could get steak, eggs, fries, coffee, for 99 cents, and it was
open 24-7. I got off work at the paper at 1 am weeknights and Sundays
and if I was hungry, the answer was Nichols Lunch. It closed about a
decade ago. :(

Tim November 30th 18 02:43 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

Keyser Soze
Used to like Denny's, but the one nearest us took a slide downhill. Now,
we go to Bob Evans or, if up in Annapolis, iHop. Our favorite breakfast
restaurant, though, is Waffle House, for the food *and* entertainment.
Sadly, there's none around here so we only stop at one while "on the
road." Road food, up and down I-95, is, for the most part, dreadful.

I still have fond memories from 50+ years ago, of a place in Kansas City
where you could get steak, eggs, fries, coffee, for 99 cents, and it was
open 24-7. I got off work at the paper at 1 am weeknights and Sundays
and if I was hungry, the answer was Nichols Lunch. It closed about a
decade ago. :(

Yknow, It seems like all restaurants start off good and a few years later they start going to hell.

Bill[_12_] November 30th 18 09:25 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

Tim wrote:
[...]

Different times 50+ years ago. Took my wife to Paoli’s French restaurant
in San Francisco when we were dating. $21 for dinner. Two racks of lamb
and a bottle of nice wine. We still comment on that dinner.

Bill[_12_] November 30th 18 09:41 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

Bill wrote:
Tim wrote:
[...]

You can go down the page and see a Paoli menu.
https://aahour.net/2015/07/20/10-san...r-been-closed/

[email protected] November 30th 18 10:06 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 21:25:40 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Tim wrote:
[...]

Yes but in those days $20K was considered a decent salary, probably
comparable to $200K today.

---
https://www.avg.com

[email protected] November 30th 18 11:18 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

wrote:

Tim wrote:
[...]

Yup. I remember when I first started working in Rockville HoJo had a
75 cent special, short stack and coffee. I used to stop there every
morning.

Bill[_12_] November 30th 18 11:18 PM

Happy Birthday Tim!

wrote:

Tim wrote:
John H
Bacon, egg, and Gouda cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight!

Going to DennyÂ’s. Plenty of bacon and eggs for everyone!

[...]

Different times 50+ years ago. Took my wife to PaoliÂ’s French restaurant
in San Francisco when we were dating. $21 for dinner. Two racks of lamb
and a bottle of nice wine. We still comment on that dinner.

===

Yes but in those days $20K was considered a decent salary, probably
comparable to $200K today.

---
https://www.avg.com

Maybe not that much, but a hell of a big salary. 1968, year I got married,
i made $18.5k. Average family income was about $14k or a little less, and
this was in the San Francisco Bay Area. My 1964 Corvette coupe Fuel
Injection was originally $5200, I bought for $2900 to build a race car for
SCCA in 1966.

[email protected] December 1st 18 12:23 AM

Happy Birthday Tim!

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 23:18:10 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

Tim wrote:
[...]

Yikes. I just looked it up and I made $7724.65 in 1968. I didn't make
$18k until 74