BoatBanter.com

-   -   What's going on in Florida? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/180720-whats-going-florida.html)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] November 16th 18 12:36 AM

What's going on in Florida?

From what I understand the re-count in Scott vs Nelson slightly favored
Scott giving him some more votes.

Broward County finished the re-count with 15 minutes to spare but then
forwarded the results 2 minutes late, after the deadline. By law, the
original vote tally remains as the official election result, forcing a
human hand count of "over-under" ballots" that is supposed to be done
by Sunday.

What a fiasco.

Scott claims it was done on purpose to make sure he didn't benefit from
the additional votes he received in the re-count.

This is either total incompetence, mismanagement or corruption.

Meanwhile, DeSantis is the confirmed winner to be governor.
Re-count only changed by one vote.

Just waiting for Gillum to concede.

[email protected] November 16th 18 01:17 AM

What's going on in Florida?

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 19:36:10 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

From what I understand the re-count in Scott vs Nelson slightly favored
Scott giving him some more votes.

Broward County finished the re-count with 15 minutes to spare but then
forwarded the results 2 minutes late, after the deadline. By law, the
original vote tally remains as the official election result, forcing a
human hand count of "over-under" ballots" that is supposed to be done
by Sunday.

What a fiasco.

Scott claims it was done on purpose to make sure he didn't benefit from
the additional votes he received in the re-count.

This is either total incompetence, mismanagement or corruption.

Meanwhile, DeSantis is the confirmed winner to be governor.
Re-count only changed by one vote.

Just waiting for Gillum to concede.

The Senate is still going to go to a manual hand count.

My county screwed up and did not pull out the undervotes when they
were doing the machine count so they need to go do that again so they
can hand count them.

BTW I wonder if Nelson is withdrawing his law suit to extend the count
time so Scott can have those votes?

Mr. Luddite[_4_] November 16th 18 01:19 AM

What's going on in Florida?

On 11/15/2018 7:36 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

From what I understand the re-count in Scott vs Nelson slightly favored
Scott giving him some more votes.

Broward CountyÂ* finished the re-count with 15 minutes to spare but then
forwarded the results 2 minutes late, after the deadline.Â* By law, the
original vote tally remains as the official election result, forcing a
human hand count of "over-under" ballots" that is supposed to be done
by Sunday.

What a fiasco.

Scott claims it was done on purpose to make sure he didn't benefit from
the additional votes he received in the re-count.

This is either total incompetence, mismanagement or corruption.

Meanwhile, DeSantis is the confirmed winner to be governor.
Re-count only changed by one vote.

Just waiting for Gillum to concede.

Should have said, "Just waiting for Gillum to concede .... again".

Latest word from Gillum is that he will *not* concede, even though
the re-count resulted in him trailing DeSantis by 33,683 votes, putting
the margin outside of the requirement of a mandatory hand re-count.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] November 16th 18 01:22 AM

What's going on in Florida?

On 11/15/2018 8:17 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 19:36:10 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

From what I understand the re-count in Scott vs Nelson slightly favored
[...]

Heh. Sorta puts him in a quandary, doesn't it?

I understand Scott only picked up an additional 48 votes in the machine
re-count so it probably doesn't matter.