BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bayliner helm controls (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/180702-bayliner-helm-controls.html)

[email protected] November 15th 18 03:40 AM

Bayliner helm controls

I recently bought a 1986 bayliner trophy 2160. I’ve got it all figured out except the “pull knob” above the ignition key that only says baitwell. What does this do???

[email protected] November 15th 18 04:01 AM

Bayliner helm controls

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 19:40:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I recently bought a 1986 bayliner trophy 2160. I’ve got it all figured out except the “pull knob” above the ignition key that only says baitwell. What does this do???

It sounds like the pump in the bait well.

[email protected] November 15th 18 04:10 AM

Bayliner helm controls

I found a different switch for that

Tim November 15th 18 04:21 AM

Bayliner helm controls

On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 10:10:58 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I found a different switch for that

A stupid thought, but maybe a light?

[email protected] November 15th 18 05:41 AM

Bayliner helm controls

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 19:40:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I recently bought a 1986 bayliner trophy 2160. Ive got it all figured out except the pull knob above the ignition key that only says baitwell. What does this do???

===

If all else fails, try to trace the wires. If it looks original you
might also try calling the Bayliner folks.

---
https://www.avg.com

True North[_2_] November 15th 18 12:58 PM

Bayliner helm controls

You'd think it would activate a pump to either fill or agitate water in the well.
My previous boat had this feature but I didn't even try it out in the 4 seasons I had that boat. No live or dead fish allowed aboard.

Alex[_17_] November 16th 18 01:03 AM

Bayliner helm controls

wrote:
I recently bought a 1986 bayliner trophy 2160. I’ve got it all figured out except the “pull knob” above the ignition key that only says baitwell. What does this do???

If it's red it's the kill switch. They are usually located near the
ignition.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] November 16th 18 01:05 AM

Bayliner helm controls

On 11/15/2018 8:03 PM, Alex wrote:
wrote:
I recently bought a 1986 bayliner trophy 2160.* I’ve got it all
figured out except the “pull knob” above the ignition key that only
says baitwell.* What does this do???

If it's red it's the kill switch.* They are usually located near the
ignition.

Could be so sun faded it doesn't look red anymore.

[email protected] November 16th 18 04:08 AM

Bayliner helm controls

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 20:03:50 -0500, Alex wrote:

wrote:
I recently bought a 1986 bayliner trophy 2160. Ive got it all figured out except the pull knob above the ignition key that only says baitwell. What does this do???

If it's red it's the kill switch. They are usually located near the
ignition.

===

Why would a kill switch be labeled baitwell? My guess, and it's only
a SWAG, is that it might be a pump-out for the baitwell since he has
already located the fill/circulating pump switch.

---
https://www.avg.com

Alex[_17_] November 17th 18 02:28 AM

Bayliner helm controls

wrote:
I recently bought a 1986 bayliner trophy 2160. I’ve got it all figured out except the “pull knob” above the ignition key that only says baitwell. What does this do???

If it's red it's the kill switch. They are usually located near the
ignition.

===

Why would a kill switch be labeled baitwell? My guess, and it's only
a SWAG, is that it might be a pump-out for the baitwell since he has
already located the fill/circulating pump switch.

---
https://www.avg.com

It wouldn't, but it's an old Bayliner. How many baitwell switches are
above the ignition key? A photo would help.