BoatBanter.com

-   -   My apologizes again ... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/180369-my-apologizes-again.html)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] October 12th 18 04:42 PM

My apologizes again ...

Some of the data I recited about my large microwave unit was wrong.

I've always been under the impression that it was a 1200 watt unit.
It's not. It's a 1000 watt unit.

However, the point I was trying to make remains the same. I just used
the microwave and noticed (for the first time) a small sticker
inside the door frame with the manufacturer (Electrolux - even
though the name on the outside is "Frigidaire"),
the model number and, more importantly the service requirements
and output power.

Service requirements: 120vac, 1.64 Kw .... Output power: 1000 watts.

So, it should be drawing 13.7 amperes when running which is just about
what I measured. (1640 watts / 120vac) = 13.6666 amps. I measured 14 amps.

Harry's 1200 watt microwave probably draws a little more and
certainly more than the 10.4 amperes he thinks it draws based
on what he read in the Chinese specs.

Either that or the Chinese have figured out a way to make microwaves
far more efficient ... nearly 100 percent in fact.

Mine was made in the USA of domestic and foreign parts.

John H.[_5_] October 12th 18 06:20 PM

My apologizes again ...

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 11:42:44 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

Harry's is probably a 1000 watt also. I thought mine was 1200 watts 'til I found the sticker when
needing to know for a recipe - it's a 1000 watt also.