BoatBanter.com

-   -   Cruising South on Chesapeake Bay (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/180196-cruising-south-chesapeake-bay.html)

Wayne.B September 25th 18 02:05 AM

Cruising South on Chesapeake Bay

Weather has not been good but we've been pushing on regardless. C&D
Canal today to Worton Creek, probably St Michaels tomorrow. Stay
tuned.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&q=worton+creek&chips=q:worto n+creek,online_chips:maryland

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1014&bih=465&e i=84GpW7D0KYKD5wKT_Yf4Aw&q=st+michaels+maryland

St Michaels is a neat little town with a number of marinas, shops and
restaurants. We have friends who live there, and there is a very nice
maritime museum. It is also a hangout for the Washington DC rich and
famous. We were once docked a few feet away from Donald Rumsfeld's
fairly modest fishing boat. 'Airree once claimed that he kept his
legendary, and possibly mythical, "Lobsta" boat near by on the Miles
River, but it's hard to find anyone who has ever heard of him.

[email protected] September 25th 18 03:14 AM

Cruising South on Chesapeake Bay

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 21:05:38 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

Weather has not been good but we've been pushing on regardless. C&D
Canal today to Worton Creek, probably St Michaels tomorrow. Stay
tuned.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&q=worton+creek&chips=q:worto n+creek,online_chips:maryland

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1014&bih=465&e i=84GpW7D0KYKD5wKT_Yf4Aw&q=st+michaels+maryland

St Michaels is a neat little town with a number of marinas, shops and
restaurants. We have friends who live there, and there is a very nice
maritime museum. It is also a hangout for the Washington DC rich and
famous. We were once docked a few feet away from Donald Rumsfeld's
fairly modest fishing boat. 'Airree once claimed that he kept his
legendary, and possibly mythical, "Lobsta" boat near by on the Miles
River, but it's hard to find anyone who has ever heard of him.

When you get down around Point Lookout, if you see the Dream Weaver,
give them a wave. That is my niece and her hubby, probably on a
fishing charter. I doubt you can get up into St Jerome's creek to
their marina (Buzz's). If you can, they usually have fresh blue crabs.

John H.[_5_] September 25th 18 12:15 PM

[...]

Well come on up the Potomac!