BoatBanter.com

-   -   Yo Tim...and other fine cooks (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/178944-yo-tim-other-fine-cooks.html)

John H.[_5_] May 7th 18 02:13 PM

Yo Tim...and other fine cooks

I am currently cooking that last roast beef recipe you posted. We'll see how it turns out. I'm going
to do it with mashed 'taters instead of making sandwiches.

Got this one in the mail this morning from a great chef. Will share it with others.

https://therecipecritic.com/2015/08/...ongolian-beef/

Does look pretty good, and one respondee uses it with chuck roast. Have to give it a shot also.

Tim May 7th 18 02:24 PM

Yo Tim...and other fine cooks

John H
I am currently cooking that last roast beef recipe you posted. We'll see how it turns out. I'm going
to do it with mashed 'taters instead of making sandwiches.

Got this one in the mail this morning from a great chef. Will share it with others.

https://therecipecritic.com/2015/08/...ongolian-beef/

Does look pretty good, and one respondee uses it with chuck roast. Have to give it a shot also.

Hey, now that looks good! I have a niece getting married this weekend. I might make that for the rehearsal dinner. Thanks!

John H.[_5_] May 7th 18 04:13 PM

Yo Tim...and other fine cooks

On Mon, 7 May 2018 06:24:54 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

John H
I am currently cooking that last roast beef recipe you posted. We'll see how it turns out. I'm going
to do it with mashed 'taters instead of making sandwiches.

Got this one in the mail this morning from a great chef. Will share it with others.

https://therecipecritic.com/2015/08/...ongolian-beef/

Does look pretty good, and one respondee uses it with chuck roast. Have to give it a shot also.

Hey, now that looks good! I have a niece getting married this weekend. I might make that for the rehearsal dinner. Thanks!

Are you going to use flank steak or chuck roast?

Tim May 7th 18 07:01 PM

Yo Tim...and other fine cooks

John H
Are you going to use flank steak or chuck roast?
Probably what’s on sale. Ha! Might even try brisket, tat is, if it hasn’t been soaked in brine😖🤢

John H.[_5_] May 7th 18 07:15 PM

Yo Tim...and other fine cooks

On Mon, 7 May 2018 11:01:17 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

John H
Are you going to use flank steak or chuck roast?
Probably what’s on sale. Ha! Might even try brisket, tat is, if it hasn’t been soaked in brine??

Brisket would probably be good, but I'd add a few hours to the cooking time.

Tim May 7th 18 07:25 PM

Yo Tim...and other fine cooks

1:15 PMJohn H
Probably what’s on sale. Ha! Might even try brisket, tat is, if it hasn’t been soaked in brine??

Brisket would probably be good, but I'd add a few hours to the cooking time..

Yessir. I thought of brisket just to be different.

Tim May 7th 18 08:51 PM

Yo Tim...and other fine cooks

10:13 AMJohn H
Are you going to use flank steak or chuck roast?

John I did some thinking about this and I believe a chuck roast would be more tender. Then again, a flank is leaner.

I’ll probably stick with a Chuck...

John H.[_5_] May 7th 18 09:04 PM

Yo Tim...and other fine cooks

On Mon, 7 May 2018 12:51:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

10:13 AMJohn H
Are you going to use flank steak or chuck roast?

John I did some thinking about this and I believe a chuck roast would be more tender. Then again, a flank is leaner.

I’ll probably stick with a Chuck...

Most of the fat can be cut off a chuck, and what's left in the pot can be poured off. I think I'll
try chuck also.

[email protected] May 7th 18 09:54 PM

Yo Tim...and other fine cooks

On Mon, 07 May 2018 16:04:51 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Mon, 7 May 2018 12:51:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

10:13 AMJohn H
Are you going to use flank steak or chuck roast?

John I did some thinking about this and I believe a chuck roast would be more tender. Then again, a flank is leaner.

I’ll probably stick with a Chuck...

Most of the fat can be cut off a chuck, and what's left in the pot can be poured off. I think I'll
try chuck also.

I think that chuck strip they call "short ribs" at Costco would work
fine. Cut it on the bias. I use that stuff for lots of things like
this. It makes great beef stew.
I probably will work on this recipe a little but it does look
interesting.