BoatBanter.com

-   -   900 (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/177891-900.html)

justan January 27th 18 08:51 PM

900

Dreamers serve in our military.

[email protected] January 28th 18 07:39 AM

900

On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 3:51:58 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:
Dreamers serve in our military.

And IMO after serving our country each one of then has earned the right to citizenship. I would grant automatic citizenship to any illegal or offspring of illegals who serve.

justan January 28th 18 10:53 AM

900

Wrote in message:
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 3:51:58 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:
Dreamers serve in our military.

And IMO after serving our country each one of then has earned the right to citizenship. I would grant automatic citizenship to any illegal or offspring of illegals who serve.

That's not unreasonable. What do we do with the other 99% who
think America owes them something other than the opportunity to
work and prosper.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] January 28th 18 12:20 PM

900

On 1/28/2018 2:39 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 3:51:58 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:
Dreamers serve in our military.

And IMO after serving our country each one of then has earned the right to citizenship. I would grant automatic citizenship to any illegal or offspring of illegals who serve.

It seems to me that I remember (or at least was told) that back when I
was in the Navy immigrants who served in the US military were
automatically granted citizenship. In those days most were from the
Philippines and usually served on the mess decks or in the officer's
wardroom.

I could be wrong.

Tim January 28th 18 12:53 PM

900

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 1:39:05 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 3:51:58 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:
Dreamers serve in our military.

And IMO after serving our country each one of then has earned the right to citizenship. I would grant automatic citizenship to any illegal or offspring of illegals who serve.

agreed!

Bill[_12_] January 28th 18 04:32 PM

900

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/28/2018 2:39 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 3:51:58 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:
Dreamers serve in our military.

And IMO after serving our country each one of then has earned the right
to citizenship. I would grant automatic citizenship to any illegal or
offspring of illegals who serve.

It seems to me that I remember (or at least was told) that back when I
was in the Navy immigrants who served in the US military were
automatically granted citizenship. In those days most were from the
Philippines and usually served on the mess decks or in the officer's
wardroom.

I could be wrong.

My sister in law joined the Waves when she immigrates from England in about
1961. I think it cut the waiting time to 2 years and got you to the top
of the list.

True North[_2_] January 28th 18 05:43 PM

900

On Sunday, 28 January 2018 12:32:51 UTC-4, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/28/2018 2:39 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 3:51:58 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:
Dreamers serve in our military.

And IMO after serving our country each one of then has earned the right
to citizenship. I would grant automatic citizenship to any illegal or
offspring of illegals who serve.

It seems to me that I remember (or at least was told) that back when I
was in the Navy immigrants who served in the US military were
automatically granted citizenship. In those days most were from the
Philippines and usually served on the mess decks or in the officer's
wardroom.

I could be wrong.

My sister in law joined the Waves when she immigrates from England in about
1961. I think it cut the waiting time to 2 years and got you to the top
of the list.

Say what?
"when she immigrates from England" Shouldn't that be past tense...since we assume she's here now?

Bill[_12_] January 28th 18 06:32 PM

900

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/28/2018 2:39 AM, wrote:
[...]

Autocorrect. But you are getting better. You knew what word was really
required.