BoatBanter.com

-   -   Farewell Rosie... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/177835-farewell-rosie.html)

Tim January 23rd 18 04:32 PM

Farewell Rosie...

Thanks for helping us win WW2.

http://www.kgw.com/mobile/article/ne.../283-510794465

Bill[_12_] January 23rd 18 05:24 PM

Farewell Rosie...

Tim wrote:
Thanks for helping us win WW2.

http://www.kgw.com/mobile/article/ne.../283-510794465

My mom wanted to be a Rosie. She worked at the Richmond Kaiser shipyard
as an RN. Rosie’s got better pay. Would not let go a nurse.

Tim January 23rd 18 07:11 PM

Farewell Rosie...

11:24 AMBill
Tim wrote:
Thanks for helping us win WW2.

http://www.kgw.com/mobile/article/ne.../283-510794465

My mom wanted to be a Rosie. She worked at the Richmond Kaiser shipyard
as an RN. Rosie’s got better pay. Would not let go a nurse.

Ive heard of that before. In ways I can understand that nurses were valuable in their position and profession but still. Yes, should have done better. Maybe be the govt thought sweat and muscle was worth more than education.. Maybe it still does...