BoatBanter.com

-   -   Flashback (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/177392-flashback.html)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] December 17th 17 12:17 PM

Flashback

Every once in a while I watch some of the (over 140) videos I made of
performances at the original Re-Tunes guitar shop/performance venue.

This one always make me laugh and I hope other guitar strummers here
will also get a kick out of it. Background:

My buddy RickC and I hosted an Open Mic Night at the shop every Thursday
night. Brian (the victim in this video) is a superb guitarist. He's
often asked by others to accompany them playing some lead acoustic licks
to their performances of original tunes.

Brian is a great guy with a well developed sense of humor. He's also a
bit of a jokester and has a reputation for delivering zingers to many of
us from time to time.

RickC and I decided it was time for paybacks. We enlisted the help of
"Nanci". I asked her to request that Brian accompany her in a song and
told her that no matter what Brian did ... don't stop playing.
(Many in the audience also knew what was up).

Meanwhile, Rick hid in a darkened room hidden from view. He could see
the stage but could not be seen himself. We equipped his guitar with a
wireless transmitter and patched the receiver into the stage main mixing
board under my control. While Brian and Nanci were performing, he
started to add some very subtle .... and then increasingly not so subtle
off-key notes and chords. YouTube video he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMygNNUUvCk