BoatBanter.com

-   -   Sinking of the Cargo Ship El Faro - a detailed report (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/177351-sinking-cargo-ship-el-faro-detailed-report.html)

[email protected] December 13th 17 10:23 PM

Sinking of the Cargo Ship El Faro - a detailed report

http://gcaptain.com/ntsb-video-details-sinking-us-cargo-vessel-ss-el-faro/

A tale of classic bad decisions with fatal results.

We've been through the waters in question a number of times. It's
hard to understand why the captain did not choose a more protected
route when he had the opportunity.

---
http://www.avg.com

Tim December 14th 17 12:36 AM

Sinking of the Cargo Ship El Faro - a detailed report

Man that was intensely gruesome. Watching and hearing it play out was about all I could stand at 9 minutes.

Incompetency was the main factor. Would there have been a penalty if the helmsman had followed is own intuition nd changed course? He would have probably saved the ship

[email protected] December 14th 17 02:17 AM

Sinking of the Cargo Ship El Faro - a detailed report

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 17:23:23 -0500,
wrote:

http://gcaptain.com/ntsb-video-details-sinking-us-cargo-vessel-ss-el-faro/

A tale of classic bad decisions with fatal results.

We've been through the waters in question a number of times. It's
hard to understand why the captain did not choose a more protected
route when he had the opportunity.

Probably bad (old) weather reports, the motive of an on time arrival
and a generous dose of testosterone.
They definitely let their ego write a check their ship couldn't cash.