BoatBanter.com

-   -   Towing golf car (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/177337-towing-golf-car.html)

justan December 14th 17 10:51 PM

Towing golf car

John H Wrote in message:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 20:25:04 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 15:03:49 -0500, John H
wrote:

Backing down a swale with a blown tire may be a bit difficult.

Why? It will thump a might but you should be able to do it. You never
drove on a flat? My sister drove about 6 miles on a blown tire but
when she got home the tire was pretty much gone. It came off the rim
and rolled up into a neighbor's yard when she turned down her street.
For the last block there were just 2 grooves in the road from the rim.

We're talking a trailer tire being backed by an RV. That's different.

Damn straight. Thank you.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

[email protected] December 15th 17 12:37 AM

Towing golf car

wrote:

Backing down a swale with a blown tire may be a bit difficult.

Why? It will thump a might but you should be able to do it. You never
drove on a flat? My sister drove about 6 miles on a blown tire but
when she got home the tire was pretty much gone. It came off the rim
and rolled up into a neighbor's yard when she turned down her street.
For the last block there were just 2 grooves in the road from the rim.

We're talking a trailer tire being backed by an RV. That's different.

The thing that is different is the RV, you win but I can do it with
old Greenie (A Ford Sport Trak). We pushed and pulled things a lot
tougher than a trailer with a flat through the swale in front of my
house after Irma.

John H[_2_] December 15th 17 02:36 PM

Towing golf car

wrote:

Backing down a swale with a blown tire may be a bit difficult.

Why? It will thump a might but you should be able to do it. You never
drove on a flat? My sister drove about 6 miles on a blown tire but
when she got home the tire was pretty much gone. It came off the rim
and rolled up into a neighbor's yard when she turned down her street.
For the last block there were just 2 grooves in the road from the rim.

We're talking a trailer tire being backed by an RV. That's different.

The thing that is different is the RV, you win but I can do it with
old Greenie (A Ford Sport Trak). We pushed and pulled things a lot
tougher than a trailer with a flat through the swale in front of my
house after Irma.

With a small truck like that, especially one with a dropable tailgate, backing a flat-tired trailer
would be a snap.

[email protected] December 15th 17 07:24 PM

Towing golf car

wrote:

Backing down a swale with a blown tire may be a bit difficult.

Why? It will thump a might but you should be able to do it. You never
drove on a flat? My sister drove about 6 miles on a blown tire but
when she got home the tire was pretty much gone. It came off the rim
and rolled up into a neighbor's yard when she turned down her street.
For the last block there were just 2 grooves in the road from the rim.

We're talking a trailer tire being backed by an RV. That's different.

The thing that is different is the RV, you win but I can do it with
old Greenie (A Ford Sport Trak). We pushed and pulled things a lot
tougher than a trailer with a flat through the swale in front of my
house after Irma.

With a small truck like that, especially one with a dropable tailgate, backing a flat-tired trailer
would be a snap.

Yup I missed the RV part.