BoatBanter.com

-   -   Kayla Moore... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/177323-kayla-moore.html)

Keyser Söze December 12th 17 03:03 AM

Kayla Moore...

....just said at a rally: “One of our lawyers is a Jew.”

:)

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

Bill[_12_] December 12th 17 04:41 PM

Kayla Moore...

Keyser Söze wrote:

...just said at a rally: “One of our lawyers is a Jew.”

:)

Was she wrong?

Keyser Soze December 12th 17 05:15 PM

Kayla Moore...

On 12/12/17 11:41 AM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:

...just said at a rally: “One of our lawyers is a Jew.”

:)

Was she wrong?

Gee, I dunno. That you don't seem to get the outrageousness of that
remark is no surprise.

Its Me December 12th 17 05:30 PM

Kayla Moore...

On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 11:41:35 AM UTC-5, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:

...just said at a rally: “One of our lawyers is a Jew.”

:)

Was she wrong?

No, not in any sense.

"It is widely recognized that the attributive use of the noun Jew, in phrases such as Jew lawyer or Jew ethics, is both vulgar and highly offensive. In such contexts Jewish is the only acceptable possibility. Some people, however, have become so wary of this construction that they have extended the stigma to any use of Jew as a noun, a practice that carries risks of its own. In a sentence such as There are now several Jews on the council, which is unobjectionable, the substitution of a circumlocution like Jewish people or persons of Jewish background may in itself cause offense for seeming to imply that Jew has a negative connotation when used as a noun."

Some folks just want to be offended, or are looking too hard for offensive things.

True North[_2_] December 12th 17 05:33 PM

Kayla Moore...

On Tuesday, 12 December 2017 13:15:32 UTC-4, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/12/17 11:41 AM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:

...just said at a rally: “One of our lawyers is a Jew.”

:)

Was she wrong?

Gee, I dunno. That you don't seem to get the outrageousness of that
remark is no surprise.

There'a a whole lot of things that Swill doesn't get...and that is no surprise to anyone.

[email protected] December 12th 17 05:38 PM

Kayla Moore...

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 12:15:29 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/12/17 11:41 AM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:

...just said at a rally: “One of our lawyers is a Jew.”

:)

Was she wrong?

Gee, I dunno. That you don't seem to get the outrageousness of that
remark is no surprise.

Do you have something against Jewish lawyers?

John H[_2_] December 12th 17 06:14 PM

Kayla Moore...

On 12/12/17 11:41 AM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Sze wrote:

...just said at a rally: One of our lawyers is a Jew.

:)

Was she wrong?

Gee, I dunno. That you don't seem to get the outrageousness of that
remark is no surprise.

There'a a whole lot of things that Swill doesn't get...and that is no surprise to anyone.

Did someone call you a name, Don, or are you simply exhibiting your level of maturity?

Tim December 12th 17 06:35 PM

Kayla Moore...

Its Me
No, not in any sense.

"It is widely recognized that the attributive use of the noun Jew, in phrases such as Jew lawyer or Jew ethics, is both vulgar and highly offensive. In such contexts Jewish is the only acceptable possibility. Some people, however, have become so wary of this construction that they have extended the stigma to any use of Jew as a noun, a practice that carries risks of its own. In a sentence such as There are now several Jews on the council, which is unobjectionable, the substitution of a circumlocution like Jewish people or persons of Jewish background may in itself cause offense for seeming to imply that Jew has a negative connotation when used as a noun."

Some folks just want to be offended, or are looking too hard for offensive things.

——

Though the Italian settlements in St. Louis is now called “The Hill” to be politically correct, nobody is ever offended if you ask where “Daygo Hill” is. That’s where the family eating establishments are. “Daygo Hill”. Gotta love it.

Keyser Soze December 12th 17 06:40 PM

Kayla Moore...

wrote:

On 12/12/17 11:41 AM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:

...just said at a rally: “One of our lawyers is a Jew.”

:)

Was she wrong?

Gee, I dunno. That you don't seem to get the outrageousness of that
remark is no surprise.

Do you have something against Jewish lawyers?

Nope. I don't inquire about the religious beliefs of lawyers, doctors,
accountants, et cetera. I have no idea about the religion of our lawyer
up here or my wife's lawyer in Jacksonville. I know what the religion is
of my accountant partner in New Haven, because I attended his Bar
Mitzvah and visited him at his parents' home many times, and his mother
kept Kosher. But in the 65 years we've been friends, we've never
discussed his religious beliefs or my lack of same.

Keyser Soze December 12th 17 06:42 PM

Kayla Moore...

On 12/12/17 1:35 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

The pejorative is "Dago," not "Daygo." Crikey.