BoatBanter.com

-   -   Veterans (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/176937-veterans.html)

Its Me November 11th 17 03:00 PM

Veterans

Thank you for your service.

John H[_2_] November 11th 17 10:07 PM

Veterans

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 07:00:34 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

Thank you for your service.

You betcha. Thanks for the thought.

[email protected] November 11th 17 10:18 PM

Veterans

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 17:07:30 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 07:00:34 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

Thank you for your service.

You betcha. Thanks for the thought.

The veterans who really deserve our thanks are not alive to hear it so
we just need to thank then by respecting the flag that they died for
and all it represents.

Keyser Soze November 11th 17 10:28 PM

Veterans

wrote:

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 07:00:34 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

Thank you for your service.

You betcha. Thanks for the thought.

The veterans who really deserve our thanks are not alive to hear it so
we just need to thank then by respecting the flag that they died for
and all it represents.

The veterans who died in the service are honored by Memorial Day.
And those who died in the service in WW I and WW II didn't die for the
flag, they died to protect the nation and the ideals of the nation.

[email protected] November 12th 17 12:00 AM

Veterans

wrote:

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 07:00:34 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

Thank you for your service.

You betcha. Thanks for the thought.

The veterans who really deserve our thanks are not alive to hear it so
we just need to thank then by respecting the flag that they died for
and all it represents.

The veterans who died in the service are honored by Memorial Day.
And those who died in the service in WW I and WW II didn't die for the
flag, they died to protect the nation and the ideals of the nation.

Perhaps the significance of 11:11 11/11/18 is lost on you.
I guess you were occupying the administration building with the
hippies the day they taught history at college.

Bill[_12_] November 12th 17 02:15 AM

Veterans

wrote:

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 07:00:34 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

Thank you for your service.

You betcha. Thanks for the thought.

The veterans who really deserve our thanks are not alive to hear it so
we just need to thank then by respecting the flag that they died for
and all it represents.

They all deserve honor. Today, group I am affiliated with, had both crab
fishing and a crab feed for disabled vets. They took out the vets on
private boats, and also cooked up a nice lunch. The rest of us
contributed extra crab, so all could take home crab. Dungeness, sport
limit 10.

[email protected] November 12th 17 03:53 AM

Veterans

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 02:15:17 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 07:00:34 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

Thank you for your service.

You betcha. Thanks for the thought.

The veterans who really deserve our thanks are not alive to hear it so
we just need to thank then by respecting the flag that they died for
and all it represents.

They all deserve honor. Today, group I am affiliated with, had both crab
fishing and a crab feed for disabled vets. They took out the vets on
private boats, and also cooked up a nice lunch. The rest of us
contributed extra crab, so all could take home crab. Dungeness, sport
limit 10.

I guess I may just be speaking for myself. I don't think I did
anything compared to the guys who had their ass in the grass.

Bill[_12_] November 12th 17 04:14 AM

Veterans

wrote:

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 07:00:34 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

Thank you for your service.

You betcha. Thanks for the thought.

The veterans who really deserve our thanks are not alive to hear it so
we just need to thank then by respecting the flag that they died for
and all it represents.

They all deserve honor. Today, group I am affiliated with, had both crab
fishing and a crab feed for disabled vets. They took out the vets on
private boats, and also cooked up a nice lunch. The rest of us
contributed extra crab, so all could take home crab. Dungeness, sport
limit 10.

I guess I may just be speaking for myself. I don't think I did
anything compared to the guys who had their ass in the grass.

We did not do stuff like guys with their ass in the grass. But we were
the support. I fixed the radars on transport planes. Originally a MAC
then name change to Military Airlift Wing.

Tim November 12th 17 04:31 AM

Veterans

9:54
I guess I may just be speaking for myself. I don't think I did
anything compared to the guys who had their ass in the grass.

Me either...