BoatBanter.com

-   -   Ideas or Assistance (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1760-ideas-assistance.html)

Greg Boyles October 27th 03 07:19 PM

Ideas or Assistance

Hey there Guys,
I need to get the Solitaire towed up to Bethel Island to Marine Emporium for
dry storage. I have been calling Towing companies if I am going to pay that
sort of money I would rather it go back into the community. I am looking for
someone that is willing to tow her from South San Francisco to Bethel
Island. She is fiberglass and 32 ft long and 11.5 wide. Please email me if
you or if you know of someone that would be willing to help.
Greg

Joe Parsons October 27th 03 09:05 PM

Ideas or Assistance

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:19:08 GMT, "Greg Boyles"
wrote:

Hey there Guys,
I need to get the Solitaire towed up to Bethel Island to Marine Emporium for
dry storage. I have been calling Towing companies if I am going to pay that
sort of money I would rather it go back into the community. I am looking for
someone that is willing to tow her from South San Francisco to Bethel
Island. She is fiberglass and 32 ft long and 11.5 wide. Please email me if
you or if you know of someone that would be willing to help.
Greg

Joining Vessel Assist is a very good deal--about $95 a year with unlimited
towing (AFAIK). That would get you to Bethel and cover you for towing for the
rest of the year. I have Capt. Phil's number around somewhere, if you need it.

HTH,
Joe Parsons

Larry Hill October 27th 03 09:41 PM

Ideas or Assistance

Joining Vessel Assist is a very good deal--about $95 a year with unlimited
towing (AFAIK). That would get you to Bethel and cover you for towing for
the
rest of the year. I have Capt. Phil's number around somewhere, if you need
it.

I thought Vessal Assist towed only when your boat is BROKE DOWN!
Larry Hill

Tony Thomas October 28th 03 12:58 AM

Ideas or Assistance

And to the nearest takout/mechanic. Not to your requested destination.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

Joe Parsons October 28th 03 01:31 AM

Ideas or Assistance

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:58:40 GMT, "Tony Thomas" wrote:

And to the nearest takout/mechanic. Not to your requested destination.

The three times I've been towed (don't ask), they took me exactly where I wanted
to go. In one case, it was 25 miles.

Joe Parsons

Joe Parsons October 28th 03 01:32 AM

Ideas or Assistance

On 27 Oct 2003 20:41:42 GMT, (Larry Hill) wrote:

Joining Vessel Assist is a very good deal--about $95 a year with unlimited
towing (AFAIK). That would get you to Bethel and cover you for towing for
the
rest of the year. I have Capt. Phil's number around somewhere, if you need
it.

I thought Vessal Assist towed only when your boat is BROKE DOWN!

If it's not broke down, why does he need a tow? :)

Joe Parsons