BoatBanter.com

-   -   Electric smoker - Tim (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/174736-electric-smoker-tim.html)

Poco Deplorevole June 24th 17 04:36 PM

Electric smoker - Tim

I didn't realize Brinkman had gone out of business. The Brinkman I have is no longer available,
although I see someone on Amazon is trying to sell one for $550!

Here's something similar from Ebay. If my Brinkman goes tits up, this is probably what I'll get:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Southern-Cou...AOSwrhBZHxj q

Its Me June 24th 17 05:07 PM

Electric smoker - Tim

On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 11:36:28 AM UTC-4, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
I didn't realize Brinkman had gone out of business. The Brinkman I have is no longer available,
although I see someone on Amazon is trying to sell one for $550!

Here's something similar from Ebay. If my Brinkman goes tits up, this is probably what I'll get:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Southern-Cou...AOSwrhBZHxj q

Man up and get a pellet smoker. Prices have come down a lot! Here's an example of an inexpensive one...

https://www.amazon.com/Pit-Boss-71700FB-Pellet-Broiler/product-reviews/B01GFX0104/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_review s&sortBy=recent#R1LFXV0SV7KTG0

I'm doing a whole smoked chicken and some wings tomorrow. Will use the chicken for enchiladas and chicken salad. I'm going to try to reproduce the wings I had in Charleston.

Poco Deplorevole June 24th 17 06:57 PM

Electric smoker - Tim

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 09:07:41 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 11:36:28 AM UTC-4, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
I didn't realize Brinkman had gone out of business. The Brinkman I have is no longer available,
although I see someone on Amazon is trying to sell one for $550!

Here's something similar from Ebay. If my Brinkman goes tits up, this is probably what I'll get:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Southern-Cou...AOSwrhBZHxj q

Man up and get a pellet smoker. Prices have come down a lot! Here's an example of an inexpensive one...

https://www.amazon.com/Pit-Boss-71700FB-Pellet-Broiler/product-reviews/B01GFX0104/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_review s&sortBy=recent#R1LFXV0SV7KTG0

I'm doing a whole smoked chicken and some wings tomorrow. Will use the chicken for enchiladas and chicken salad. I'm going to try to reproduce the wings I had in Charleston.

No, no, no pellets. But I've changed the one I'm looking at. Now I'm finding this interesting:
http://tinyurl.com/ycprxamv

Acutually, my Brinkman has started working again. Upon checking to see why the heat wasn't building
up and no smoke was coming forth, I found the chip pan was full of water. Seems my water pan has
developed a pin hole leak. Oh well. Live and learn. Seems to be doing very well now that I've
switched pans.

Its Me June 24th 17 07:29 PM

Electric smoker - Tim

On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 1:57:23 PM UTC-4, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

No, no, no pellets.

Oh well. You can lead a horse to water...
:)

Poco Deplorevole June 24th 17 09:13 PM

Electric smoker - Tim

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 11:29:05 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

[...]

Apparently the water leak wasn't the only problem. The heat would get only to about 190 degrees. Now
I've got a new heating element on order. That should keep this thing going another ten years or so.

Its Me June 24th 17 09:29 PM

Electric smoker - Tim

On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 4:13:46 PM UTC-4, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

Pellet smoker. Better flavor. Better heat control. Real wood.

Poco Deplorevole June 25th 17 12:59 AM

Electric smoker - Tim

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 13:29:38 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

[...]

I did get a lot of smoke flavor before I put the pork in the oven. Used some fresh cherry Tim
brought to Bean Blossom on his motorcycle. Great flavor. I use oak, cherry, apple and mesquite,
depending.

Tim, if you're reading this...the cherry worked very well after I slabbed the logs with the miter
saw. The logs were so big I had to split them first! Got a lot of nice 1/2" slabs to put in the
smoker.

Tim June 25th 17 12:45 PM

Electric smoker - Tim

Jun 24Poco Deplorevole
I did get a lot of smoke flavor before I put the pork in the oven. Used some fresh cherry Tim
brought to Bean Blossom on his motorcycle. Great flavor. I use oak, cherry, apple and mesquite,
depending.

Tim, if you're reading this...the cherry worked very well after I slabbed the logs with the miter
saw. The logs were so big I had to split them first! Got a lot of nice 1/2" slabs to put in the
smoker.

Excellent John. Unfortunately my apple supply wasn't fit to cook with. My bad. I let it sit too long... if I'd known I could have brought you some nice pecan. Anyhow, I hope that cherry lasts you quite a while...