BoatBanter.com

-   -   (Donzi / Formula) Arronow boat design question? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/17445-donzi-formula-arronow-boat-design-question.html)

paul k September 1st 03 02:28 AM

(Donzi / Formula) Arronow boat design question?

I am looking at a boat to purchase it is a 1970 17' Formula. The hull
and shear line look very similar (identical to me) to a 16' or 18
Donzi. The interior layout is totally different the Formula is set up
as a walk through bow rider.

I know Don Arronow had a hand in both companies and was wondering how
similar these boats' performance might be. Can anyone offer any
details on the 17' Formula? I have never seen this model before. Is it
rarely seen because it was a poor performer so not many were sold?
Since I can't test drive this boat (no trailer) I'm mostly concerned
with the handling #1 and performance #2 (power +165 Merc i/o)before I
make the purchase.

Any information that can be provided will be appreciated.

Andy Champ September 2nd 03 12:24 AM

(Donzi / Formula) Arronow boat design question?

matt colie wrote:

Paul,
This group is composed of persons interested in actual racing boats. You
would do better at:

rec.boats.racing.power

No, no, matt, that's the wrong way around. He may be interested in
racing it. What you mean is racing actual boats...

matt colie September 2nd 03 10:55 PM

(Donzi / Formula) Arronow boat design question?

Andy,

I stand corrected.

Thank You

Matt