BoatBanter.com

-   -   Lake Murray (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/173214-lake-murray.html)

Its Me January 25th 17 04:12 PM

Lake Murray

This is a link to an article about an annual event at the lake I boat on.

http://www.boatusmagazine.com/boatusmagazine/febmar_2017/?pg=16&pm=2&u1=friend

Its Me January 25th 17 04:35 PM

Lake Murray

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 11:12:22 AM UTC-5, Its Me wrote:
This is a link to an article about an annual event at the lake I boat on.

http://www.boatusmagazine.com/boatusmagazine/febmar_2017/?pg=16&pm=2&u1=friend

Or, I should say a picture and caption. Pretty cool shot.

Mr. Luddite January 25th 17 05:17 PM

Lake Murray

On 1/25/2017 11:35 AM, Its Me wrote:
On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 11:12:22 AM UTC-5, Its Me wrote:
This is a link to an article about an annual event at the lake I boat on.

http://www.boatusmagazine.com/boatusmagazine/febmar_2017/?pg=16&pm=2&u1=friend

Or, I should say a picture and caption. Pretty cool shot.

What's all the red in the water?

True North[_2_] January 25th 17 05:24 PM

Lake Murray

Looks a tad crowded for my liking. Wonder how many are packing booze and firearms.

Its Me January 25th 17 05:34 PM

Lake Murray

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 12:17:19 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/25/2017 11:35 AM, Its Me wrote:
On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 11:12:22 AM UTC-5, Its Me wrote:
This is a link to an article about an annual event at the lake I boat on.

http://www.boatusmagazine.com/boatusmagazine/febmar_2017/?pg=16&pm=2&u1=friend

Or, I should say a picture and caption. Pretty cool shot.

What's all the red in the water?

It's red clay. The lake has a couple of natural sandy beaches, but most of the shoreline is clay.

Its Me January 25th 17 05:37 PM

Lake Murray

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 12:24:15 PM UTC-5, True North wrote:
Looks a tad crowded for my liking. Wonder how many are packing booze and firearms.

It's a special event that draws a crowd. I'm sure there's some drinking going on, but I've never seen or heard a firearm on the lake, and don't remember anyone ever being shot out on the lake. The only exception is the duck hunters.

Tim January 25th 17 07:25 PM

Lake Murray

Murray is a big lake. I think Tom Francis lives just a brief walk from it. Like, it's his back yard. Lol

Its Me January 25th 17 07:32 PM

Lake Murray

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 2:25:42 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
Murray is a big lake. I think Tom Francis lives just a brief walk from it. Like, it's his back yard. Lol

Yep. I used to keep an eye on his Scout. He kept it at the same marina I use. I'd look the lines over and run the bilge pump for a moment. He keeps him boat at the docks where he lives now.

Bill[_12_] January 25th 17 07:59 PM

Lake Murray

Its Me wrote:
On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 2:25:42 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
Murray is a big lake. I think Tom Francis lives just a brief walk from
it. Like, it's his back yard. Lol

Yep. I used to keep an eye on his Scout. He kept it at the same marina
I use. I'd look the lines over and run the bilge pump for a moment. He
keeps him boat at the docks where he lives now.

Wondered where shortwave had gone.

Mr. Luddite January 25th 17 08:03 PM

Lake Murray

On 1/25/2017 2:32 PM, Its Me wrote:

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 2:25:42 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
Murray is a big lake. I think Tom Francis lives just a brief walk from it. Like, it's his back yard. Lol

Yep. I used to keep an eye on his Scout. He kept it at the same marina I use. I'd look the lines over and run the bilge pump for a moment. He keeps him boat at the docks where he lives now.

How's Tom doing? Been a long time since I've seen or talked to him. He
visited us at our home a few years back and he also visited the guitar
shop 2 or 3 times before he relocated south. Interesting, smart and a
good guy.

Tim January 25th 17 08:17 PM

Lake Murray

2:03 PMMr. Luddite
How's Tom doing? Been a long time since I've seen or talked to him. He
visited us at our home a few years back and he also visited the guitar
shop 2 or 3 times before he relocated south. Interesting, smart and a
good guy.

Rich, I just talked to him a couple days ago. He's doing "ok" but he said his hands are starting to act up on him. Motor skills are deteriorating and hands cramp more often. He doesn't let it get him down, "it is what it is" he says.

But n good spirit and still doing ham radio competition. Swell guy!

[email protected] January 25th 17 09:23 PM

Lake Murray

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 08:12:21 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

This is a link to an article about an annual event at the lake I boat on.

http://www.boatusmagazine.com/boatusmagazine/febmar_2017/?pg=16&pm=2&u1=friend

===

TF, is that you?

[email protected] January 25th 17 09:49 PM

Lake Murray

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 15:03:07 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 1/25/2017 2:32 PM, Its Me wrote:

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 2:25:42 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
Murray is a big lake. I think Tom Francis lives just a brief walk from it. Like, it's his back yard. Lol

Yep. I used to keep an eye on his Scout. He kept it at the same marina I use. I'd look the lines over and run the bilge pump for a moment. He keeps him boat at the docks where he lives now.

How's Tom doing? Been a long time since I've seen or talked to him. He
visited us at our home a few years back and he also visited the guitar
shop 2 or 3 times before he relocated south. Interesting, smart and a
good guy.

===

We had dinner with Tom and his wife in East Greenwich, Rhode Island in
the summer of 2005. We were on our first trip north with the Grand
Banks trawler that year. Nice folks.

Its Me January 26th 17 12:19 AM

Lake Murray

wrote:

This is a link to an article about an annual event at the lake I boat on.

http://www.boatusmagazine.com/boatusmagazine/febmar_2017/?pg=16&pm=2&u1=friend

===

TF, is that you?

Nope. Tom lives nearby.

Its Me January 26th 17 12:19 AM

Lake Murray

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 3:03:14 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/25/2017 2:32 PM, Its Me wrote:

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 2:25:42 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
Murray is a big lake. I think Tom Francis lives just a brief walk from it. Like, it's his back yard. Lol

Yep. I used to keep an eye on his Scout. He kept it at the same marina I use. I'd look the lines over and run the bilge pump for a moment. He keeps him boat at the docks where he lives now.

How's Tom doing? Been a long time since I've seen or talked to him. He
visited us at our home a few years back and he also visited the guitar
shop 2 or 3 times before he relocated south. Interesting, smart and a
good guy.

I haven't checked in with him in a while. I should. Yes, a good guy.

Poco Deplorevole January 26th 17 11:49 AM

Lake Murray

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:25:40 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

Murray is a big lake. I think Tom Francis lives just a brief walk from it. Like, it's his back yard. Lol

Tom hasn't been around for a while. Miss him. Always had something damn funny to say. When we went
to Maine we met up with Tom. Tom gave us a nice tour of his home town. Super guy.

True North[_2_] January 26th 17 02:54 PM

Lake Murray

It would be nice to know how Capt Tom is doing. It'll be 10 years this coming September since I met him in the remote wilderness of Maine to buy his Princecraft Yukon boat.
Funny, crossing the border with the cash to pay for the boat, the female US Border Guard voiced concern for me when I divulged the plan. Told me to be careful but I had no concerns whatsoever based on communications in here. Guess I'm just a good judge of character. ;-).

Poco Deplorevole January 26th 17 06:18 PM

Lake Murray

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 12:33:01 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

True North Wrote in message:
It would be nice to know how Capt Tom is doing. It'll be 10 years this coming September since I met him in the remote wilderness of Maine to buy his Princecraft Yukon boat.
Funny, crossing the border with the cash to pay for the boat, the female US Border Guard voiced concern for me when I divulged the plan. Told me to be careful but I had no concerns whatsoever based on communications in here. Guess I'm just a good judge of character. ;-).

There is something flawed with that statement.

Only if you pair Donnee and Harree.