BoatBanter.com

-   -   Hey Richard... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/173139-hey-richard.html)

Tim January 20th 17 07:11 PM

Hey Richard...

Just for curiosity sake did you happen to know this gentleman?
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...cCM/story.html

Mr. Luddite January 20th 17 07:20 PM

Hey Richard...

On 1/20/2017 2:11 PM, Tim wrote:
Just for curiosity sake did you happen to know this gentleman?
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...cCM/story.html

I did. I visited his shop several times. Even bought a guitar from
him. He was considered the best in terms of guitar repairs and setups
and one of the few top rated Martin authorized repair shops. I've seen
examples of expensive guitars that were virtually destroyed in some type
of accident that he restored. You could never tell they were damaged.

Rick (the luthier who worked at my shop) did a lot of basic repairs
along with setups, etc. but if the damage was too severe or if the
guitar was a particularly expensive one, he would refer the customer to
Jim Mouradian.

The only problem was that Jim was always so backed up with work that
people often had to wait several months to get the repaired instrument
back. Even setups took several weeks.

Tim January 20th 17 07:24 PM

Hey Richard...

On 1/20/2017 2:11 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

That last paragraph may sound but actually it's good. The man only had so many hours in a day.

It's a shame that all that knowledge and experience went with him. And it sounds like the local area has suffered a great loss by his passing..

Mr. Luddite January 20th 17 07:34 PM

Hey Richard...

On 1/20/2017 2:24 PM, Tim wrote:
On 1/20/2017 2:11 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Yup. He was a great guy, great talent and will be missed.

BTW, since you are at work and may not be able to see the news ... about
a thousand Trump protesters are clashing with police along the parade
route, throwing rocks at the police and lighting fires in the middle of
the road. Right now about 95 have been arrested and the National Guard
just showed up. Didn't see Harry so far though.

Tim January 20th 17 07:40 PM

Hey Richard...

1:34 PMMr. Luddite
Yup. He was a great guy, great talent and will be missed.

BTW, since you are at work and may not be able to see the news ... about
a thousand Trump protesters are clashing with police along the parade
route, throwing rocks at the police and lighting fires in the middle of
the road. Right now about 95 have been arrested and the National Guard
just showed up. Didn't see Harry so far though.

Well keep your eyes peeled. Then again he may be hanging out with the 60+ absentees