BoatBanter.com

-   -   US Navy Band Country Current (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/171493-us-navy-band-country-current.html)

Poquito Loco July 16th 16 07:07 PM

US Navy Band Country Current

The Bluegrass group!

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/images/...it%20large.jpg

The guy on the left, with the bass guitar, is Danny...whom I'm taking to the range for some shooting
in a couple days.

Here's the whole group playing at a recent Bluegrass festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrYtXE-A7k

Tim July 16th 16 07:40 PM

On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 1:07:27 PM UTC-5, Poquito Loco wrote:
The Bluegrass group!

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/images/...it%20large.jpg

The guy on the left, with the bass guitar, is Danny...whom I'm taking to the range for some shooting
in a couple days.

Here's the whole group playing at a recent Bluegrass festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrYtXE-A7k

odd to have electric and upright in the same group.

Poquito Loco July 16th 16 08:10 PM

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 11:40:33 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 1:07:27 PM UTC-5, Poquito Loco wrote:
The Bluegrass group!

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/images/...it%20large.jpg

The guy on the left, with the bass guitar, is Danny...whom I'm taking to the range for some shooting
in a couple days.

Here's the whole group playing at a recent Bluegrass festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrYtXE-A7k

odd to have electric and upright in the same group.

That group is put together when they're doing a 'country' gig. When doing a 'bluegrass' gig, the
drums, electric guitar, and the 'thing' next to the upright are not there. Don't know what the
'thing' is called, but I'm not wild about the sounds it makes. When we were at Solomons, this group
played a country music gig at the Calvert County Marine Museum. They put on a good show, for free!

True North[_2_] July 16th 16 08:44 PM

US Navy Band Country Current

Poquito Loco
"The Bluegrass group!

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/images/...it%20large.jpg

The guy on the left, with the bass guitar, is Danny...whom I'm taking to the range for some shooting
in a couple days.

Here's the whole group playing at a recent Bluegrass festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrYtXE-A7k"

tried playing the link but got bored when all they talked about was the older guy retiring and looking for a new player.
Might be a good new hobby for y'all, you did master the guitar in no time at all so this should be easy.

justan July 16th 16 09:03 PM

True North Wrote in message:
Poquito Loco
"The Bluegrass group!

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/images/...it%20large.jpg

The guy on the left, with the bass guitar, is Danny...whom I'm taking to the range for some shooting
in a couple days.

Here's the whole group playing at a recent Bluegrass festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrYtXE-A7k"

tried playing the link but got bored when all they talked about was the older guy retiring and looking for a new player.
Might be a good new hobby for y'all, you did master the guitar in no time at all so this should be easy.

Haven't learned to skip ahead yet Donnie?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Keyser Söze July 16th 16 09:04 PM

On 7/16/16 3:44 PM, True North wrote:
Poquito Loco
"The Bluegrass group!

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/images/...it%20large.jpg

The guy on the left, with the bass guitar, is Danny...whom I'm taking to the range for some shooting
in a couple days.

Here's the whole group playing at a recent Bluegrass festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrYtXE-A7k"

tried playing the link but got bored when all they talked about was the older guy retiring and looking for a new player.
Might be a good new hobby for y'all, you did master the guitar in no time at all so this should be easy.

They call him "Hot Licks Johnny" at the local redneck festivals.

Poquito Loco July 16th 16 09:06 PM

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 12:44:54 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Poquito Loco
"The Bluegrass group!

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/images/...it%20large.jpg

The guy on the left, with the bass guitar, is Danny...whom I'm taking to the range for some shooting
in a couple days.

Here's the whole group playing at a recent Bluegrass festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrYtXE-A7k"

tried playing the link but got bored when all they talked about was the older guy retiring and looking for a new player.
Might be a good new hobby for y'all, you did master the guitar in no time at all so this should be easy.

Don't know if it's possible up there, but here we can skip ahead. If you can do so, get up to about
2:09 or thereabouts.

Here's a better one from this past Gettysburg festival. It's a shame the video wasn't shot from the
left side of center. You'd be able to see the back of my cute hat in the second row!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp1ekgzG0vQ

Of course, you might not like the back of my cap: http://tinyurl.com/jckb2c7

Poquito Loco July 16th 16 09:08 PM

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 16:04:06 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 7/16/16 3:44 PM, True North wrote:
Poquito Loco
"The Bluegrass group!

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/images/...it%20large.jpg

The guy on the left, with the bass guitar, is Danny...whom I'm taking to the range for some shooting
in a couple days.

Here's the whole group playing at a recent Bluegrass festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrYtXE-A7k"

tried playing the link but got bored when all they talked about was the older guy retiring and looking for a new player.
Might be a good new hobby for y'all, you did master the guitar in no time at all so this should be easy.

They call him "Hot Licks Johnny" at the local redneck festivals.

I reckon that's better than 'ingrained liar'.

Wayne.B July 16th 16 09:33 PM

US Navy Band Country Current

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 16:08:47 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 16:04:06 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 7/16/16 3:44 PM, True North wrote:
Poquito Loco
"The Bluegrass group!

http://www.navyband.navy.mil/images/...it%20large.jpg

The guy on the left, with the bass guitar, is Danny...whom I'm taking to the range for some shooting
in a couple days.

Here's the whole group playing at a recent Bluegrass festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrYtXE-A7k"

tried playing the link but got bored when all they talked about was the older guy retiring and looking for a new player.
Might be a good new hobby for y'all, you did master the guitar in no time at all so this should be easy.

They call him "Hot Licks Johnny" at the local redneck festivals.

I reckon that's better than 'ingrained liar'.

===

Or dead beat putz...