BoatBanter.com

-   -   The hunt goes on (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/170936-hunt-goes.html)

Justan Olphart[_2_] May 8th 16 04:01 PM

The hunt goes on

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_hunting

Tim May 8th 16 05:54 PM

The hunt goes on

I've never eaten seal meat but not afraid to try it ...

True North[_2_] May 8th 16 06:00 PM

The hunt goes on

Duh!
Most of your info is out of date. The European Union is banning seal skins and the market in Russia is drying up. Nowhere to sell the pelts so smaller and smaller harvest. Some blame the exploding seal population for the drastic reduction in Cod stocks.

Keyser Söze May 8th 16 06:03 PM

The hunt goes on

On 5/8/16 12:54 PM, Tim wrote:
I've never eaten seal meat but not afraid to try it ...

Why would you want to? Aren't there enough animals for meals at your
local IGA?

True North[_2_] May 8th 16 06:03 PM

The hunt goes on

I remember being over in St. John's with a Y group in 1969.
They had seal flippers for sale on wooden tabels right on Water Street...down by the harbour.
Have to admit...It grossed me out a bit.

[email protected] May 8th 16 06:44 PM

The hunt goes on

On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 12:54:12 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
I've never eaten seal meat but not afraid to try it ...

===

Probably tastes like eagle. :-)

Tim May 8th 16 07:12 PM

The hunt goes on

On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 12:44:01 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 12:54:12 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
I've never eaten seal meat but not afraid to try it ...

===

Probably tastes like eagle. :-)

Or, maybe Spotted Owl.

LOL

Tim May 8th 16 07:14 PM

The hunt goes on

On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 12:03:21 PM UTC-5, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 5/8/16 12:54 PM, Tim wrote:
I've never eaten seal meat but not afraid to try it ...

Why would you want to? Aren't there enough animals for meals at your
local IGA?

Harry, you mean the plenteous meats from the pre-assassinated animals you like to eat?

[email protected] May 8th 16 07:16 PM

The hunt goes on

On Sun, 8 May 2016 10:00:40 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

Some blame the exploding seal population for the drastic reduction in Cod stocks.

Seal hunters for sure ;-)

There are lots of reasons why the fish are in decline, not the least
of which is how many we are eating. If we are competing with the seals
for a dwindling resource, we have a decision to make.

Paul Erlich (The Population Bomb) predicted a lot of the things we are
seeing today. His only problem was that he predicted they would have
happened a few decades ago and he was forgotten. At a certain point we
need to recognize pollution, decline of sea life, scarcity of potable
water and even the rise of CO2 in the atmosphere is the direct result
of 6 billion people eating, breathing and ****ting.

[email protected] May 8th 16 07:17 PM

The hunt goes on

On Sun, 8 May 2016 10:44:00 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 12:54:12 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
I've never eaten seal meat but not afraid to try it ...

===

Probably tastes like eagle. :-)

More like Manatee ... so they say.