BoatBanter.com

-   -   Some Interesting Video Scenes of Alaska Boating (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/170085-some-interesting-video-scenes-alaska-boating.html)

[email protected] January 27th 16 03:28 PM

Some Interesting Video Scenes of Alaska Boating

https://vimeo.com/25499166

Justan Olphart[_2_] January 27th 16 04:03 PM

Some Interesting Video Scenes of Alaska Boating

On 1/27/2016 10:28 AM, wrote:

https://vimeo.com/25499166

Very pretty. It almost didn't make me feel cold while watching it. ;-)

[email protected] January 27th 16 04:13 PM

Some Interesting Video Scenes of Alaska Boating

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:03:54 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

On 1/27/2016 10:28 AM, wrote:

https://vimeo.com/25499166

Very pretty. It almost didn't make me feel cold while watching it. ;-)

===

Yes. However some of those areas in south eastern Alaska I believe
are actually warmer than Boston. They get a lot of drizzle and fog
though.

John H.[_5_] January 27th 16 04:30 PM

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:13:50 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:03:54 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

On 1/27/2016 10:28 AM,
wrote:

https://vimeo.com/25499166

Very pretty. It almost didn't make me feel cold while watching it. ;-)

===

Yes. However some of those areas in south eastern Alaska I believe
are actually warmer than Boston. They get a lot of drizzle and fog
though.

Wonder what he was frying the salmon in - bacon grease? Looked good.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

[email protected] January 27th 16 04:48 PM

wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:03:54 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

On 1/27/2016 10:28 AM,
wrote:

https://vimeo.com/25499166

Very pretty. It almost didn't make me feel cold while watching it. ;-)

===

Yes. However some of those areas in south eastern Alaska I believe
are actually warmer than Boston. They get a lot of drizzle and fog
though.

It did look like Homer.
The average winter temperatures in the Kenai are a lot warmer than
most of the lower 48. It doesn't really get much warmer in the summer
tho. (low 30s to high 60s f)
I was actually surprised about Fairbanks. When we got off the plane
there in June, it was hotter than it was in Ft Myers (99f). That is
where you can have a 150 degree difference between summer and winter.
(-50 to +100 f)

[email protected] January 27th 16 04:48 PM

Some Interesting Video Scenes of Alaska Boating

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:30:28 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:13:50 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:03:54 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

On 1/27/2016 10:28 AM,
wrote:

https://vimeo.com/25499166

Very pretty. It almost didn't make me feel cold while watching it. ;-)

===

Yes. However some of those areas in south eastern Alaska I believe
are actually warmer than Boston. They get a lot of drizzle and fog
though.

Wonder what he was frying the salmon in - bacon grease? Looked good.

Whale blubber

John H.[_5_] January 27th 16 08:13 PM

wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:03:54 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

On 1/27/2016 10:28 AM,
wrote:

https://vimeo.com/25499166

Very pretty. It almost didn't make me feel cold while watching it. ;-)

===

Yes. However some of those areas in south eastern Alaska I believe
are actually warmer than Boston. They get a lot of drizzle and fog
though.

Wonder what he was frying the salmon in - bacon grease? Looked good.

Whale blubber

I've never tried fried salmon. Might have to bread it and fry it next time I get
some.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

[email protected] January 27th 16 09:12 PM

Some Interesting Video Scenes of Alaska Boating

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 15:13:39 -0500, John H.
wrote:

I've never tried fried salmon. Might have to bread it and fry it next time I get
some.

===

Best grilled with fresh cut onions, no breading.

[email protected] January 27th 16 09:39 PM

Some Interesting Video Scenes of Alaska Boating

wrote:

I've never tried fried salmon. Might have to bread it and fry it next time I get
some.

===

Best grilled with fresh cut onions, no breading.

I really like the halibut up there. It is not that flavorless plank
you get in the styrofoam tray at Publix. (hard to tell where the fish
stops and the tray starts)
It is really more like snook.
I was at the Homer Best Western for a "hali bite" dinner (deep fried
chunks about 1.5" square) and it was the best meal I had in Alaska.
The captain of the water taxi told us about that. It was a local
favorite. I think they also serve them as appetizers in the bar

John H.[_5_] January 27th 16 10:19 PM

wrote:

I've never tried fried salmon. Might have to bread it and fry it next time I get
some.

===

Best grilled with fresh cut onions, no breading.

I've had it grilled, etc, but never fried. It's something I'm going to have to try.
I'll grill my wife's piece.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!