BoatBanter.com

-   -   Attn sharp shooters (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/169245-attn-sharp-shooters.html)

Justan Olphart[_2_] October 24th 15 12:10 AM

Attn sharp shooters

The bear season opens in Florida tomorrow. I wonder what bear meat
tastes like. Chicken?

Califbill October 24th 15 02:38 AM

Attn sharp shooters

Justan Olphart wrote:
The bear season opens in Florida tomorrow. I wonder what bear meat
tastes like. Chicken?

Pork.

[email protected] October 24th 15 03:16 AM

Attn sharp shooters

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:10:10 -0400, Justan Olphart
wrote:

The bear season opens in Florida tomorrow. I wonder what bear meat
tastes like. Chicken?

===

More like eagle or manatee, or so I'm told.

John H.[_5_] October 24th 15 12:36 PM

Attn sharp shooters

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:10:10 -0400, Justan Olphart wrote:

The bear season opens in Florida tomorrow. I wonder what bear meat
tastes like. Chicken?

They eat a lot of nuts and berries, and they hang around trees, right?

Therefore they'd probably taste like a big f'ing squirrel.

Ask Tim. He's probably wrestled one to the ground and then skinned and butchered it.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Tim October 24th 15 12:51 PM

Attn sharp shooters

On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 6:36:24 AM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:10:10 -0400, Justan Olphart wrote:

The bear season opens in Florida tomorrow. I wonder what bear meat
tastes like. Chicken?

They eat a lot of nuts and berries, and they hang around trees, right?

Therefore they'd probably taste like a big f'ing squirrel.

Ask Tim. He's probably wrestled one to the ground and then skinned and butchered it.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

They taste like a cross between bald eagle and spotted owl.

John H.[_5_] October 24th 15 01:17 PM

Attn sharp shooters

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 04:51:05 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 6:36:24 AM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:10:10 -0400, Justan Olphart wrote:

The bear season opens in Florida tomorrow. I wonder what bear meat
tastes like. Chicken?

They eat a lot of nuts and berries, and they hang around trees, right?

Therefore they'd probably taste like a big f'ing squirrel.

Ask Tim. He's probably wrestled one to the ground and then skinned and butchered it.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

They taste like a cross between bald eagle and spotted owl.

Owls? Well, Harry is our local expert on owls, so I reckon someone should ask him
what bears taste like.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

[email protected] October 24th 15 02:24 PM

Attn sharp shooters

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 08:17:44 -0400, John H.
wrote:

They taste like a cross between bald eagle and spotted owl.

Owls? Well, Harry is our local expert on owls, so I reckon someone should ask him
what bears taste like.

===

I'd prefer to ask a bear what Harry tasted like.