Default Why Tiger Direct is on my **** list

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 16:55:57 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 10/1/15 4:49 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 07:37:18 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

We have a couple of big box chain stores, Best Buy, Gregg, and one
other, but their prices are higher than Amazon's and they don't offer
any real inducement to shop there.

If you are just shopping price, you can't bitch about how much they
pay their employees. You are the problem

Market Driven Quality ... and wages.

I do think brick and mortar for imported goods is either going to be
Walmart style operations or it will be gone, with people buying
online.

I shop at Amazon because it has a huge variety of almost everything, it
has good prices, it ships for free, and it has a stellar return policy.
It has a far larger variety of merch available for the stuff I tend to
buy than Best Buy.

As long as you are shopping price, you are supporting the walmart
business model.

I did buy my wife's new computer from MicroCenter, a brick, mortar, and
mail order store that has two stores in my area. I did order it over the
internet, though. I had no desire to once again buy pieces and parts and
assemble my own. The MicroCenter store brand is higher quality than the
Dell/HP stuff...better drives, better motherboards, English-speaking
techs based in the USA.

If you are buying because you need the tech support, it is more than
just price. You pay extra for that and it is a reason to do it.

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 16:58:35 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

Oh, I sent the trigger group from my new Mini 14 to a gunsmith at a
"brick and mortar store" to lighten and smooth the pull, and install a
stop. I bought the rifle online because my favorite local gun store
couldn't get a firm delivery date from its distributor. So, I paid him
the minor rifle FFL fee.

That is not really a retail issue at all, you are buying a service.
Service is usually local. I really hate sending something away for
service.

wrote:
[...]

I'm always interested in the availability of tech support for tech
products.

I didn't say I was shopping "price," I said I was interested in a good
price, which is not necessarily the lowest. As for Walmart, it rarely
has a selection of tech merchandise/availability that interests me.

Microcenter's price was competitive...and buying the computer from that
store means I will never have to deal with the incompetent script
readers at Dell or HP.

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 20:26:16 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

Microcenter's price was competitive...and buying the computer from that
store means I will never have to deal with the incompetent script
readers at Dell or HP.

I have never talked to those script monkeys, I am my own tech support
on PCs. I usually buy one generation back anyway. Pioneers catch all
the arrows. I did that for a living, I am not doing it for free.
"New" only means "Not Everything Works" these days. I am not doing
product debug and paying them for the privilege.
Once you get to mature products, the bugs are pretty much all worked
out and there is very good tech knowledge on the net.

On Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 8:14:27 AM UTC-4, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 07:37:18 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 10/1/15 12:29 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 17:22:03 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

On 9/30/2015 6:15 PM,
wrote:
They say TV shipped 9/18 (7-10 days out)
Now 11 days later and they send me a survey asking how I like my TV..
(that didn't end well)
Google hits me too. Worse review. I had fun with that.

Then I decide to call.
20 minutes and a lot of "press ,sumpin", bad music and reasons why I
should choose Tiger direct, it occurs to me "why am I waiting on the
phone to tell them I am tired of waiting on a TV"? So I hung up.

I tried Email and the response was some bull**** about problems at the
shipping department

Were they lying when they said it went out on 9/18 or are they lying
now?

1900 EST and nothing back from TD

Why didn't you support your local merchant?

$300?

My recollection of "Tiger" is that it put out some nice printed
catalogs. The one time I was going to order something substantial from
the company, I found it for less $$$ on Amazon. I like Amazon for
purchases and have obtain a lot of "big ticket" items from them. Almost
100% of the time, the delivery is on time and at no extra cost, thanks
to Amazon Prime, and the few times I've had returns, they were handled
easily and my account was credited before the item was received back at
its return facility. Amazon emails you a return label and as soon as the
number on it is accepted by the carrier, you get your refund.

We have a couple of big box chain stores, Best Buy, Gregg, and one
other, but their prices are higher than Amazon's and they don't offer
any real inducement to shop there.

I can see why you'd love Amazon:

http://time.com/956/how-amazon-crush...nion-movement/

And Amazon doesn't carry anything made in China, eh krause? Only about a million and
a half items.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...%2Caps %2C438

So what's the difference between WalMart and Amazon? Oh, wait, you don't like the
WalMart clientele (more racist **** from you, eh?).

Vietnam service? WAFL.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

~~crickets~~

Direct e-mail Don White General 21 February 24th 09 08:17 PM
A list of failures longer than a list of accomplishments... Eisboch General 57 August 24th 08 03:08 PM
direct from Florida Jonathan Ganz ASA 136 November 4th 04 12:51 AM
Audi 4-stroke direct injection Billgran General 0 September 1st 04 09:51 PM
OT) Rice ignored direct warning Jim General 1 March 26th 04 02:59 AM