BoatBanter.com

-   -   Large Waves Off Maine Coast Almost Capsize Ferry Boat (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/162812-large-waves-off-maine-coast-almost-capsize-ferry-boat.html)

Wayne.B December 13th 14 12:23 AM

Large Waves Off Maine Coast Almost Capsize Ferry Boat

http://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/11/listing-ferry-makes-it-to-north-haven-after-trucks-on-board-get-knocked-over/

Close call from the sound of it.

[email protected] December 13th 14 02:58 AM

On Friday, December 12, 2014 7:23:44 PM UTC-5, Wayne. B wrote:
http://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/11/listing-ferry-makes-it-to-north-haven-after-trucks-on-board-get-knocked-over/

Close call from the sound of it.

Wow.....

True North[_2_] December 13th 14 04:00 AM

On Friday, 12 December 2014 20:23:44 UTC-4, Wayne. B wrote:
http://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/11/listing-ferry-makes-it-to-north-haven-after-trucks-on-board-get-knocked-over/

Close call from the sound of it.

We had a bit of a scare off our coast yesterday also.
This large vessel was drifting 40nm out in the heavy nor easter we just suffered.
We got almost 6 inches of rain over a day and a half plus the heavy winds and seas.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...asin-1.2872007

Califbill December 13th 14 05:30 AM

Large Waves Off Maine Coast Almost Capsize Ferry Boat

BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

http://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/11/listing-ferry-makes-it-to-north-haven-after-trucks-on-board-get-knocked-over/

Close call from the sound of it.

Why did the ferry take on large high center of gravity vehicles in those
sea conditions?

Show me the money?

Califbill December 13th 14 05:49 PM

Large Waves Off Maine Coast Almost Capsize Ferry Boat

BAR wrote:
In article 1879234431440141112.714642bmckeenospam-
, says...

BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

http://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/11/listing-ferry-makes-it-to-north-haven-after-trucks-on-board-get-knocked-over/

Close call from the sound of it.

Why did the ferry take on large high center of gravity vehicles in those
sea conditions?

Show me the money?

I figured that but, how much does it cost to fix the ferry?

Maybe first time bad things happened. Getting the cement truck off is a
job and a half. Have seen the problems with a rolled cement truck on a
street.

Tim December 13th 14 06:16 PM

On Friday, December 12, 2014 4:23:44 PM UTC-8, Wayne. B wrote:
http://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/11/listing-ferry-makes-it-to-north-haven-after-trucks-on-board-get-knocked-over/

Close call from the sound of it.

Man that sucks. Good thing the bouy tender was close by to aid ...