BoatBanter.com

-   -   stitch and glue plans (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/161553-stitch-glue-plans.html)

F Murtz August 14th 14 03:52 PM

stitch and glue plans

anyone got plans for 13 foot maybe 12' nested stitch and glue boat,all
the ones Ican find are smaller?

Califbill August 14th 14 06:09 PM

stitch and glue plans

F Murtz wrote:
anyone got plans for 13 foot maybe 12' nested stitch and glue boat,all
the ones Ican find are smaller?

Look at Tolman skiffs. They do stitch and glue to 20' plus.

KC August 14th 14 06:33 PM

stitch and glue plans

On 8/14/2014 1:09 PM, Califbill wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
anyone got plans for 13 foot maybe 12' nested stitch and glue boat,all
the ones Ican find are smaller?

Can you tell us more about what you want your boat to do for you? Do you
want a skiff, a scow, a mooring tender, a nesting dory? Not trying to be
an ass, but in order to even consider your request, we need more
input... Thanks

Look at Tolman skiffs. They do stitch and glue to 20' plus.

Wayne.B August 14th 14 10:22 PM

stitch and glue plans

F Murtz wrote:
anyone got plans for 13 foot maybe 12' nested stitch and glue boat,all
the ones Ican find are smaller?

Can you tell us more about what you want your boat to do for you? Do you
want a skiff, a scow, a mooring tender, a nesting dory? Not trying to be
an ass, but in order to even consider your request, we need more
input... Thanks

Look at Tolman skiffs. They do stitch and glue to 20' plus.

What ever happened to that guy from North Florida who was always
talking about his Tolman. He was the expert.

Last I heard he was taking some leaky old tub to the Bahamas. I hope
he made it.

===

That would be DB O'hara, aka, Frogwatch. Last I heard he had made
the trip OK and was leaving his boat in the Abacos so he could fly
over and use it once in a while. Would you like his EMAIL addy?

F Murtz August 16th 14 06:05 PM

stitch and glue plans

KC wrote:
tz wrote:
anyone got plans for 13 foot maybe 12' nested stitch and glue boat,all
th

a nesting "skiff"? for fishing and just running about etc,that can fit
up to four at a pinch, just a bit bigger than than the usual nesting
stitch and glue types that there are tons of plans for.

Califbill August 16th 14 08:43 PM

stitch and glue plans

F Murtz wrote:
KC wrote:
tz wrote:
anyone got plans for 13 foot maybe 12' nested stitch and glue boat,all
th

a nesting "skiff"? for fishing and just running about etc,that can fit up
to four at a pinch, just a bit bigger than than the usual nesting stitch
and glue types that there are tons of plans for.

My friends Tolman.
http://www.fishyfish.com/bobbruce/

F Murtz August 17th 14 03:23 AM

stitch and glue plans

Califbill wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
KC wrote:
tz wrote:
anyone got plans for 13 foot maybe 12' nested stitch and glue boat,all
th

a nesting "skiff"? for fishing and just running about etc,that can fit up
to four at a pinch, just a bit bigger than than the usual nesting stitch
and glue types that there are tons of plans for.

My friends Tolman.
http://www.fishyfish.com/bobbruce/

Could not find any stitch an glue nested boat plans at that URL.

KC August 17th 14 03:36 AM

stitch and glue plans

On 8/16/2014 1:05 PM, F Murtz wrote:
KC wrote:
tz wrote:
anyone got plans for 13 foot maybe 12' nested stitch and glue boat,all
th

a nesting "skiff"? for fishing and just running about etc,that can fit
up to four at a pinch, just a bit bigger than than the usual nesting
stitch and glue types that there are tons of plans for.

I am not sure that I have seen anything like that but I will look
through my stuff. For 4 people "in a pinch" I say you need at least a 12
foot skiff, but if I were you I might want a scow instead, more room up
front and it might be easier to build. If you decide to modify an
existing plan, that might be the best way.

Do you want "nesting" as a novelty, or do you need it for transport,
other cause I have a 12 foot skiff that fits in the back of a pickup
truck, and would hold 4 "in a pinch"...

KC August 17th 14 03:38 AM

stitch and glue plans

On 8/16/2014 10:23 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Califbill wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
KC wrote:
tz wrote:
anyone got plans for 13 foot maybe 12' nested stitch and glue boat,all
th
a nesting "skiff"? for fishing and just running about etc,that can
fit up
to four at a pinch, just a bit bigger than than the usual nesting stitch
and glue types that there are tons of plans for.

My friends Tolman.
http://www.fishyfish.com/bobbruce/

Could not find any stitch an glue nested boat plans at that URL.

Yeah, I think they are suggesting you modify something.. Do you have the
skills to modify an existing plan, or do you need the plans to be
complete, start to finish?

Califbill August 17th 14 04:32 AM

stitch and glue plans

F Murtz wrote:
Califbill wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
KC wrote:
tz wrote:
anyone got plans for 13 foot maybe 12' nested stitch and glue boat,all
th
a nesting "skiff"? for fishing and just running about etc,that can fit up
to four at a pinch, just a bit bigger than than the usual nesting stitch
and glue types that there are tons of plans for

My friends Tolman.
http://www.fishyfish.com/bobbruce/

Could not find any stitch an glue nested boat plans at that URL.

You were looking at a larger stitch and glue boat. That is a 23' stitch
and glue boat. Look up Tolman Skiffs for plans.