BoatBanter.com

-   -   Warsaw is lovely this time of year... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/160685-warsaw-lovely-time-year.html)

F*O*A*D April 19th 14 12:44 PM

Warsaw is lovely this time of year...

The Pentagon is exploring options for deploying U.S. troops to Poland to
expand NATO’s presence in Eastern Europe because of the ongoing crisis
in Ukraine, as pro-Russian militants defiantly refused Friday to leave
government buildings in eastern Ukraine despite a diplomatic accord
reached in Geneva.

A senior U.S. official told Fox News on Friday the U.S. is considering
sending relatively small units to the country of around 130 soldiers,
and the units would be there on a rotational basis.

- - - -

Gotta find something for our boys in uniform to do, eh?

Mr. Luddite April 19th 14 01:03 PM

On 4/19/2014 7:44 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
The Pentagon is exploring options for deploying U.S. troops to Poland to
expand NATO’s presence in Eastern Europe because of the ongoing crisis
in Ukraine, as pro-Russian militants defiantly refused Friday to leave
government buildings in eastern Ukraine despite a diplomatic accord
reached in Geneva.

A senior U.S. official told Fox News on Friday the U.S. is considering
sending relatively small units to the country of around 130 soldiers,
and the units would be there on a rotational basis.

- - - -

Gotta find something for our boys in uniform to do, eh?

The Pentagon constantly explores and develops options for virtually
every situation and contingency that may occur due to Geo-political events.

The Commander in Chief decides if any of the options are actually
implemented.

Tim April 19th 14 01:42 PM

Warsaw is lovely this time of year...

On Saturday

Gotta find something for our boys in uniform to do, eh?

Send them to the Netherlanders and they can count tulips. According to john's recent trip it is lovely there this time of year.

F*O*A*D April 19th 14 02:26 PM

On 4/19/14, 8:03 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/19/2014 7:44 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
The Pentagon is exploring options for deploying U.S. troops to Poland to
expand NATO’s presence in Eastern Europe because of the ongoing crisis
in Ukraine, as pro-Russian militants defiantly refused Friday to leave
government buildings in eastern Ukraine despite a diplomatic accord
reached in Geneva.

A senior U.S. official told Fox News on Friday the U.S. is considering
sending relatively small units to the country of around 130 soldiers,
and the units would be there on a rotational basis.

- - - -

Gotta find something for our boys in uniform to do, eh?

The Pentagon constantly explores and develops options for virtually
every situation and contingency that may occur due to Geo-political events.

The Commander in Chief decides if any of the options are actually
implemented.

As I said, gotta find something for our boys in uniform to do. If most
of them are just sitting around, Americans might wonder why we have so
many.

F*O*A*D April 19th 14 02:27 PM

Warsaw is lovely this time of year...

On 4/19/14, 8:42 AM, Tim wrote:
On Saturday

Gotta find something for our boys in uniform to do, eh?

Send them to the Netherlanders and they can count tulips. According to john's recent trip it is lovely there this time of year.

Seems perfectly reasonable, and better than getting shot at...

Mr. Luddite April 19th 14 05:22 PM

On 4/19/2014 7:44 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

There's probably a Pentagon developed military option for an invasion of
Martians. Doesn't mean it will ever be exercised. The Pentagon doesn't
sit around dreaming up things for the military to do. They dream up
response options if the military is needed.

F*O*A*D April 19th 14 05:35 PM

On 4/19/2014 7:44 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

Your concept of "the military" is so mid-20th century. As the economy
improves, military spending should be cut back gradually until it is
maybe a third of what it is now. We aren't going to be fighting the
Russians or the Chinese, we're going to be engaged in skirmishes or in
peacekeeping mission. Well, unless a Republican gets into the Oval
Office...then we'll be invading countries anew.

The Pentagon dreams up ways to keep boys in uniform, officer billets
filled, and defense contractors happy.

H*a*r*r*o*l*d April 19th 14 06:16 PM

On 4/19/2014 7:44 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

Your qualifications as a military strategist are what, Mr. English major?

H*a*r*r*o*l*d April 19th 14 06:29 PM

Warsaw is lovely this time of year...

In article , says...

On 4/19/2014 7:44 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

Your view of diplomacy is warped and not unexpected from a guy like you.

Perfect. That's exactly how everyone should respond to that turd. Why
should we bother to respond to his stupidity with logic and reason?

Wayne.B April 19th 14 09:03 PM

Warsaw is lovely this time of year...

On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 13:29:41 -0400, H*a*r*r*o*l*d
wrote:

Your concept of "the military" is so mid-20th century. As the economy
improves, military spending should be cut back gradually until it is
maybe a third of what it is now. We aren't going to be fighting the
Russians or the Chinese, we're going to be engaged in skirmishes or in
peacekeeping mission. Well, unless a Republican gets into the Oval
Office...then we'll be invading countries anew.

The Pentagon dreams up ways to keep boys in uniform, officer billets
filled, and defense contractors happy.

Your view of diplomacy is warped and not unexpected from a guy like you.

Perfect. That's exactly how everyone should respond to that turd. Why
should we bother to respond to his stupidity with logic and reason?

===

No reason at all unless you like mud wrestling with pigs.