BoatBanter.com

-   -   Missing plane getting suspicious (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/160337-missing-plane-getting-suspicious.html)

Mr. Luddite March 9th 14 04:35 PM

Missing plane getting suspicious

I was just reading that authorities have determined that the passports
used by at least two of the passengers were stolen. Strongly raises the
possibility of a terrorist or other unlawful event and not necessarily a
failure of the airplane or it's systems.

Poco Loco March 9th 14 06:05 PM

On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 12:35:07 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

I was just reading that authorities have determined that the passports
used by at least two of the passengers were stolen. Strongly raises the
possibility of a terrorist or other unlawful event and not necessarily a
failure of the airplane or it's systems.

Unless it was a catastrophic explosion of some sort, I don't see why the pilot couldn't have
reported a problem over the radio - unless there was some other kind of interference, i.e., human.

Poco Loco March 9th 14 06:07 PM

wrote:

I was just reading that authorities have determined that the passports
used by at least two of the passengers were stolen. Strongly raises the
possibility of a terrorist or other unlawful event and not necessarily a
failure of the airplane or it's systems.

I have not heard much news this weekend, the kids were here and we
were not looking at much TV.

Did the pilot squawk the hijack code?
That might be the most important factor. What did they hear on the
radio?

If this thing went down so suddenly that they did not get a chance for
a mayday, it is either a bomb or more likely, catastrophic mechanical
failure It is hard to believe that in this security environment that
you could get a bomb on a plane that would take a 777 down so fast
that they could not radio in a distress call.

OTOH they may just be covering up everything they have, for some
reason.

The news said no transmissions from the plane. Don't see how that could be unless there was an
explosion, or the flight crew was somehow disabled before the thing went into the water.

Mr. Luddite March 9th 14 07:07 PM

On 3/9/2014 2:05 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 12:35:07 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

I was just reading that authorities have determined that the passports
used by at least two of the passengers were stolen. Strongly raises the
possibility of a terrorist or other unlawful event and not necessarily a
failure of the airplane or it's systems.

Unless it was a catastrophic explosion of some sort, I don't see why the pilot couldn't have
reported a problem over the radio - unless there was some other kind of interference, i.e., human.

The only other explanation I can think of is a catastrophic electrical
system failure that took out redundant back up systems, including
communications.

Apparently military radar indicates that a course change was being made
moments before it "disappeared".

[email protected] March 10th 14 01:05 PM

On Sunday, March 9, 2014 3:07:39 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/9/2014 2:05 PM, Poco Loco wrote:

On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 12:35:07 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

I was just reading that authorities have determined that the passports

used by at least two of the passengers were stolen. Strongly raises the

possibility of a terrorist or other unlawful event and not necessarily a

failure of the airplane or it's systems.

Unless it was a catastrophic explosion of some sort, I don't see why the pilot couldn't have

reported a problem over the radio - unless there was some other kind of interference, i.e., human.

The only other explanation I can think of is a catastrophic electrical

system failure that took out redundant back up systems, including

communications.

Apparently military radar indicates that a course change was being made

moments before it "disappeared".

I heard on one of the morning shows today that in the case of a sudden depressurization at that altitude, you have 5-8 seconds before you black out. The pilots may not have had time to do anything.