BoatBanter.com

-   -   Columbia-windows (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/15941-columbia-windows.html)

marklan April 21st 04 12:37 PM

Columbia-windows

I have a1969. 22ft Cloumiba and I need to replace the windows.I like to do
it with blue Lexian, In stead of Plexiglass.Does anyone have a supplyer and
what would make a good water tight seal--Mark

Bumper7 April 21st 04 05:35 PM

Columbia-windows

We use butyl tape to seal the windows.

If you can't find it, Sikaflex might work, but it can by very messy, and
you'll need alcohol to clean it up. Mask off the area around the window
for easy removal of the residue.

For locating these products in your area, let your fingers do the
walking in the Yellow pages under 'Window' and/or 'Plastics'.

Or you could consult a professional at your favorite boatyard. You'll
find him/her easy to talk to and if they aren't, call another yard.

Good luck,
Bumper7

Danny April 21st 04 06:23 PM

Columbia-windows

Try "Mark Plastics" of Corona Ca (909) 735-7705 They have replacement
windows and hatches for most boats.

iBob April 22nd 04 01:52 AM

Columbia-windows

In article ,
Bumper7 wrote:

marklan wrote:
I have a1969. 22ft Cloumiba and I need to replace the windows.I like to do
it with blue Lexian, In stead of Plexiglass.Does anyone have a supplyer and
what would make a good water tight seal--Mark

Try 5200

--
Uncle Bob,Composer/Artist/ Muller Marine Annapolis MD. U.S.A.
http://www.toad.net/~crm/ http://uncle808us.mindsay.com