BoatBanter.com

-   -   My low opinion of... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/159125-my-low-opinion.html)

F.O.A.D. November 8th 13 07:27 PM

My low opinion of...

On 11/8/13, 12:31 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 06:39:04 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 11/7/13, 9:48 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 21:29:17 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

Proselytizing turns my stomach.

You must be a masochist then because you seem to work very hard to
find the things that disturb you.

Religion has done more harm to society than crack cocaine.

Then why do you spend so much time looking for it? You just seem to go
through your life trying to find things that offend you.

Kind of like you and the other righties trying to find things about
liberals that offend you?

The politicized religious righties in the United States are the enemy of
virtually everything good about this country. They are against womens'
rights, they are against immigrants, they are against the poor, they are
against people of color, they are against gays, they are against poor
people and the helpless obtaining decent healthcare, housing, even food.
They spread hatred and ignorance everywhere they go.
They have a horrific negative impact against a civil society.

That's why I oppose religion and proselytizing.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

F.O.A.D. November 9th 13 01:36 PM

My low opinion of...

On 11/9/13, 12:34 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 14:27:23 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

The politicized religious righties in the United States are the enemy of
virtually everything good about this country. They are against womens'
rights, they are against immigrants, they are against the poor, they are
against people of color, they are against gays, they are against poor
people and the helpless obtaining decent healthcare, housing, even food.
They spread hatred and ignorance everywhere they go.
They have a horrific negative impact against a civil society.

That's why I oppose religion and proselytizing.

You must not be talking about me then.

Who said I was? I don't recall you pushing right-wing religious nonsense
in here.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

BAR[_2_] November 11th 13 02:37 AM

My low opinion of...

In article , says...

George W. Bush just sank...

George W. Bush to Raise Money for Group That
Converts Jews to Bring About Second Coming of Christ

The Muslims want to covert everyone or kill them if they don't. The Iranians are waiting for
the 12th Imam to do whatever it is he is supposed to do.

BAR[_2_] November 11th 13 02:38 AM

My low opinion of...

In article , says...

On 11/7/13, 9:18 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 19:54:57 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

George W. Bush just sank...

George W. Bush to Raise Money for Group That
Converts Jews to Bring About Second Coming of Christ

Next week, former President George W. Bush is scheduled to keynote a
fundraiser in Irving, Texas, for the Messianic Jewish Bible Institute, a
group that trains people in the United States, Israel, and around the
world to convince Jews to accept Jesus as the Messiah. The
organization's goal: to "restore" Israel and the Jews and bring about
about the second coming of Christ.

Messianic Jews have long been controversial for Jews of all major
denominations, who object to their proselytizing efforts and their
message that salvation by Jesus is consistent with Jewish theology.

Why do you care? Isn't it all just superstition to you anyway?

If he kicks in a few bucks to make honest people out of the "Jews for
Jesus" group. so what?

I send money to Israel Suarez a few times a year and it doesn't bother
me that he is the president of Good Samaritan Christian Center. They
feed a lot of people in a part of town that few people like me ever
have a reason to venture into.

Proselytizing turns my stomach.

We know, you proselytize the union religion all the time and it turns our stomachs.

iBoaterer[_4_] November 11th 13 12:45 PM

My low opinion of...

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

George W. Bush just sank...

George W. Bush to Raise Money for Group That
Converts Jews to Bring About Second Coming of Christ

The Muslims want to covert everyone or kill them if they don't. The Iranians are waiting for
the 12th Imam to do whatever it is he is supposed to do.

And Christians are waiting for Armageddon, so all of the righteous
people can go to the planet Heaven, and all of those not saved can burn
in a fire pit of hell. There's compassion for you!