BoatBanter.com

-   -   Anything special re the oil filter on a 4.3LX Merc? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1576-anything-special-re-oil-filter-4-3lx-merc.html)

Larry Wald October 14th 03 02:38 AM

Anything special re the oil filter on a 4.3LX Merc?

First time at doing this and don't want to screw it up. Have two of
these critters in a Carver. Just wanted to double check with more
experienced folks...filters are located on the port side of the engines
waaaay in the back, right? I was up there this afternoon and with the
cramped quarters and failing light I didn't want to break/unscrew
something I shouldn't.

Thanks for any assistance!

larry

Lawrence James October 15th 03 12:49 AM

Anything special re the oil filter on a 4.3LX Merc?

Yes they are. Unless they have those filter relocators that move them to
the same side but up at the riser. If they are realllly hard to get at you
might want to find out about them :-)