BoatBanter.com

-   -   Slickcraft Grew SS175 OMC stringer question (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1575-slickcraft-grew-ss175-omc-stringer-question.html)

hystat October 14th 03 01:25 AM

Slickcraft Grew SS175 OMC stringer question

I have a line on a very very clean boathouse kept hull. It is a 1973
or 74 The 120 omc engine and stringer drive have been removed. I have
access to an early 80's stringer drive (with the 2.5L 120hp engine)
that has approx. 25 hours on it since new. (no joke) Should the newer
series fit right in place? The newer unit has all the controls, cables
etc with it.
I don't need the stringers are junk speech - I know! :-) the hull is
free and I need a project for my kids and I.

Lawrence James October 15th 03 03:20 AM

Slickcraft Grew SS175 OMC stringer question

What, no one has told you stringers are junk yet :-) I havn't a clue about
stringers but given the prices what's a little extra fabrication if needed?
A opportunity for yet more project experience. After all how different
could it be?

m...