jps jps is offline

Default Gun Show!

Ten people were hurt Tuesday night when a gun show worker fired a
shotgun into the floor, thinking the weapon had been loaded with dummy
ammunition. According to Elgin, Illinois Courier-News, the gun was
accidentally fired during a gun show at the St. Charles Sportsman’s
Club, the area Country Club.

The Kane County Sheriff’s Department reported to the Courier that
officers responded to the club, located in Blackberry township, after
reports of gunfire.

Seven people were treated at the scene for minor injuries. Three men,
ages 81, 60 and 14 were transported by ambulance to a local hospital
for treatment.

A 69-year-old St. Charles man was reportedly handling the shotgun when
it went off. The man believed he had placed a “snap cap” in the
barrel, a device used to protect the gun’s firing pin when it is in
storage. Pointing the barrel of the gun at the floor, the man pulled
the trigger, only realizing that he had placed a live shell into the
weapon’s chamber when the gun went off, spraying lead shot into the
floor, which ricocheted upward, injuring bystanders and the shooter.

Police, sheriff and fire units rushed to the scene, but fortunately,
none of the injuries suffered are believed to be life-threatening.

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:02:21 -0700, jps wrote:

none of the injuries suffered are believed to be life-threatening.

Much better gun show he

http://thenationsgunshow.com/

And, lest we forget:

Resident fights off two armed robbers, The Journal Gazette, Fort Wayne, Ind. 06/03/13

Posted on June 4, 2013

A resident of Fort Wayne, Ind. was near the front steps of his home when a pair of armed robbers
approached and demanded money. The resident responded to the demand by retrieving a gun and firing
at the criminals several times. One robber was struck multiple times and killed, while the other
escaped harm.

Following the shooting, Sgt. Mark Brooks of the Fort Wayne police said of the incident, “If someone
tried to rob you on your front porch… you could be justified in using force to protect yourself,
including deadly force.” A neighbor, who plans to leave the troubled south-side neighborhood where
the shooting occurred, showed support for the armed citizen, telling local media, “I carry a gun
myself, and if it was me, I’d have done the same thing.” (The Journal Gazette, Fort Wayne, Ind.
06/03/13)

Thank goodness for guns!

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

Holy crap, I hope they all died.... get over it..

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 17:54:49 -0700, jps wrote:

I need a gun to
protect my boat.

===

Then you should go do that.
jps jps is offline

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 21:31:00 -0400, Wayne B
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 17:54:49 -0700, jps wrote:

I need a gun to
protect my boat.

===

Then you should go do that.

I'm thinkin' because my boat sits in a locked garage, maybe I don't
need a gun after all.

In article
,
says...

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 22:23:56 -0400, Wayne B
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 18:58:23 -0700, jps wrote:

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 17:19:00 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:02:21 -0700, jps wrote:

Ten people were hurt

You understand you are the only troll here for about a week.

Take it somewhere else.

And miss out on all the fine posts about trailers and trucks?

**** no, this is my home sweet home.

====

Trailers and trucks are at least related to towing boats which is a
common and on-topic issue.

Your anti gun screeds however are not, and this is most definitely not
your home.

Oh but it is Wayne. Just as much as it is yours.

Boats and guns go together like beans and rice. I need a gun to
protect my boat.

Maybe lay off until the gun nuts start talking
about their guns again. I suspect their gun
talk offends you, and I'll tell you it
offends me.
I find all guns offensive unless it's mine.
Talking about them in a public forum not meant
for that sort of discussion is akin to talking
about your masturbation habits. Gun nuts
don't understand that, because they're gun
nuts.
An exception here would be an anti-pirate gun
kept on the boat, for those who travel in
pirate waters. Those bringing that up will be
quickly told that pirates have more and bigger
guns, so you'll probably just increase your
chance of getting yourself killed.
Of course the NRA would contest that, and say
that simply having more guns aboard to equip
everybody in your family/crew/squad is how it
should be done to ward off the "bad guys."
Maybe another "exception" would be an anti-
shark gun kept on the boat, to which the
answer would be don't swim with sharks, and
don't shoot at sharks circling a swimmer.
You might kill the swimmer, and if you blood
the shark, you'll just attract more....sharks.
I have no real problem ignoring the gun
threads too often started here. I usually
only respond when I feel like calling gun nuts
trash, which is as it should be. They fully
deserve it.
I don't know why these guys get on your case
for reporting news. They can ignore your
posts. They don't. Their problem.
But you might lay off until they start another
of their gun jack off sessions, to see how
long that lasts.
Hypocrisy and faulty logic should be called
out. So give them a chance to show it again.
Makes for a more balanced circle of nonsense.
If they want to talk about boats, nobody's
stopping them.

On 6/9/2013 1:55 PM, Boating All Out wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Oh brother.. what is wrong with you guys? You tell us not to read your
stuff as you are bitching about ours... LOL!

There have been at least a half dozen derogatory posts directed blindly
at "conservatives" here in the last couple weeks, thanks so far none of
us have gone off on "progressives" and how you all just can't seem to
help yourselves....

OT Air Show Scott Dickson General 0 June 22nd 09 12:42 AM
ot dog show.. [email protected] General 9 February 14th 08 04:16 AM
Name that TV Show... Short Wave Sportfishing General 29 December 10th 07 02:01 PM
Another no-show for Bob Scotty ASA 1 January 30th 06 10:47 PM