BoatBanter.com

-   -   Back to trucks... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/157289-back-trucks.html)

JustWaitAFrekinMinute June 6th 13 03:30 PM

Back to trucks...

Finally got a good offer on my Jeep, almost 1500 more than anybody else
and the guy can get me into a 04 Dakota with a 4.7 v8, towing
capacity... That ought to do ok for us now with our 1500 pound trailer,
even if we load it to the hill:) The gas mileage will be about the same,
but the seats and interior will be a lot more comfortable and not cut
into my legs...

As to the "huge" trailer (still just a pipe dream for now) we are going
to continue to try to fine a smaller trailer the girls like since we do
have about a year before we really need to be in it....

For now we will continue to camp on weekends, and if it's real bad
weather, see if we can find a hotel near the tracks... this should be
do-able at most local events. Hopefully we will be with the team in the
hauler for the Nationals and Mini O's..

*e#c June 6th 13 08:43 PM

Back to trucks...

On Jun 6, 10:30*am, JustWaitAFrekinMinute
wrote:
Finally got a good offer on my Jeep, almost 1500 more than anybody else
and the guy can get me into a 04 Dakota with a 4.7 v8, towing
capacity... That ought to do ok for us now with our 1500 pound trailer,
even if we load it to the hill:) The gas mileage will be about the same,
but the seats and interior will be a lot more comfortable and not cut
into my legs...

As to the "huge" trailer (still just a pipe dream for now) we are going
to continue to try to fine a smaller trailer the girls like since we do
have about a year before we really need to be in it....

For now we will continue to camp on weekends, and if it's real bad
weather, see if we can find a hotel near the tracks... this should be
do-able at most local events. Hopefully we will be with the team in the
hauler for the Nationals and Mini O's..

You can also put Jess s bike in the pickup box, correct?

JustWaitAFrekinMinute June 7th 13 01:35 AM

Back to trucks...

wrote:
[...]

Yes, one of the reasons we are looking at the pickup instead of a SUV is
there are some tracks where we could take the bikes in the back. At the
same time the F150 we drove today had the Triton 5.7 engine and I am
pretty sure it would never know the trailer we have now (1500 pounds)
even loaded, was even there.