BoatBanter.com

-   -   Yep...Dickwad Coburn wants offsets for tornado aid (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/157164-yep-dickwad-coburn-wants-offsets-tornado-aid.html)

F.O.A.D. May 21st 13 05:37 PM

Yep...Dickwad Coburn wants offsets for tornado aid

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) will insist that any federal aid to deal with
the tornado in his home state must be offset by budget cuts.

“He will ask his colleagues to sacrifice lower priority areas of the
budget to help Oklahoma,” spokesman John Hart said. Should other
Republicans join Coburn, it could set up a fight similar to the January
tug-of-war over Hurricane Sandy funding. That aid package was delayed by
GOP opposition and ultimately passed with mostly Democratic support.

- - -

Sure, Tom...just eliminate the tax bennies for the oil companies in your
state, eh?

F.O.A.D. May 21st 13 10:45 PM

On 5/21/13 5:38 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 21 May 2013 12:37:09 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) will insist that any federal aid to deal with
the tornado in his home state must be offset by budget cuts.

“He will ask his colleagues to sacrifice lower priority areas of the
budget to help Oklahoma,” spokesman John Hart said. Should other
Republicans join Coburn, it could set up a fight similar to the January
tug-of-war over Hurricane Sandy funding. That aid package was delayed by
GOP opposition and ultimately passed with mostly Democratic support.

- - -

Sure, Tom...just eliminate the tax bennies for the oil companies in your
state, eh?

I am OK with taking that money out of Oklahoma's slice of the pie.

I do wonder what kind of money your typical Okie pays for insurance.

Here in Florida it can easily be over $5k a year for a fairly modest
home with a very large deductible in the case of storm damage.

Oklahoma is in the top three of states requiring federal disaster
assistance. The other two are Texas and California.

I wonder if Oklahoma folks are in some special homeowners' insurance
pool because of their location in tornado alley. Paying more in Florida
or, in fact, right along the east coast, seems reasonable, what with the
frequent hurricanes.

iBoaterer[_3_] May 22nd 13 02:10 PM

Yep...Dickwad Coburn wants offsets for tornado aid

In article ,
says...

[...]

Yesterday Scotty said it was all a lie, that no one said that!

John H[_2_] May 22nd 13 03:07 PM

On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:37:09 PM UTC-4, F.O.A.D. wrote:
Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) will insist that any federal aid to deal with

the tornado in his home state must be offset by budget cuts.

“He will ask his colleagues to sacrifice lower priority areas of the

budget to help Oklahoma,” spokesman John Hart said. Should other

Republicans join Coburn, it could set up a fight similar to the January

tug-of-war over Hurricane Sandy funding. That aid package was delayed by

GOP opposition and ultimately passed with mostly Democratic support.

- - -

Sure, Tom...just eliminate the tax bennies for the oil companies in your

state, eh?

When I'm hit with an emergency, the money comes out of the budget. Something else doesn't get funded. Why should the government be any different?

John H[_2_] May 22nd 13 05:46 PM

Yep...Dickwad Coburn wants offsets for tornado aid

On Wed, 22 May 2013 12:35:06 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 22 May 2013 07:07:10 -0700 (PDT), John H
wrote:

When I'm hit with an emergency, the money comes out of the budget. Something else doesn't get funded. Why should the government be any different?

You can't print your own money. (at least without going to jail)

Well, that explains it.

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

F.O.A.D. May 22nd 13 06:12 PM

wrote:

When I'm hit with an emergency, the money comes out of the budget. Something else doesn't get funded. Why should the government be any different?

You can't print your own money. (at least without going to jail)

Funny stuff, albeit second hand, from John the Racist. I don't recall
him whining about Bush's unfunded wars.

JustWaitAFrekinMinute May 22nd 13 06:28 PM

wrote:

When I'm hit with an emergency, the money comes out of the budget.
Something else doesn't get funded. Why should the government be any
different?

You can't print your own money. (at least without going to jail)

Funny stuff, albeit second hand, from John the Racist. I don't recall
him whining about Bush's unfunded wars.

But to suggest the war went "unfunded" is just the rant of an
unreasonable man. Somebody paid for the bullets and the bombs, thus,
they were funded... but do carry on, spin the pinwheel and repeat your
next "thread starter". LOL!

F.O.A.D. May 22nd 13 06:32 PM

wrote:

When I'm hit with an emergency, the money comes out of the budget.
Something else doesn't get funded. Why should the government be any
different?

You can't print your own money. (at least without going to jail)

Funny stuff, albeit second hand, from John the Racist. I don't recall
him whining about Bush's unfunded wars.

But to suggest the war went "unfunded" is just the rant of an
unreasonable man. Somebody paid for the bullets and the bombs, thus,
they were funded... but do carry on, spin the pinwheel and repeat your
next "thread starter". LOL!

And once again you demonstrate your ignorance of government.

iBoaterer[_3_] May 22nd 13 07:18 PM

Yep...Dickwad Coburn wants offsets for tornado aid

In article ,
says...

On 5/22/2013 1:12 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
wrote:

When I'm hit with an emergency, the money comes out of the budget.
Something else doesn't get funded. Why should the government be any
different?

You can't print your own money. (at least without going to jail)

Funny stuff, albeit second hand, from John the Racist. I don't recall
him whining about Bush's unfunded wars.

But to suggest the war went "unfunded" is just the rant of an
unreasonable man. Somebody paid for the bullets and the bombs, thus,
they were funded... but do carry on, spin the pinwheel and repeat your
next "thread starter". LOL!

OMG!!!!! You ARE stupid! Please show where in Bush's budget that there
was monies catagorized for war on Iraq. So, are you saying that Bush
knew when the feds were establishing a budget for his term that he knew
he would send us to Iraq and knew the extent of the wars in the middle
east enough to be able to budget for it?

iBoaterer[_3_] May 22nd 13 08:13 PM

Yep...Dickwad Coburn wants offsets for tornado aid

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 22 May 2013 14:18:11 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

OMG!!!!! You ARE stupid! Please show where in Bush's budget that there
was monies catagorized for war on Iraq. So, are you saying that Bush
knew when the feds were establishing a budget for his term that he knew
he would send us to Iraq and knew the extent of the wars in the middle
east enough to be able to budget for it?

That is a bogus charge. No president includes a line item called "the
war" in their budget wish list (the real budget comes from the house)

No ****. But Scotty said that Bush's war was funded!