BoatBanter.com

-   -   In Drydock, Take the tension off of the standing rigging? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/15651-drydock-take-tension-off-standing-rigging.html)

JR October 15th 03 02:48 PM

In Drydock, Take the tension off of the standing rigging?

It's me again. Thanks for the responses on the continuous furling line. How
about the standing rigging when the boat is stored mast up? Should I take
off the tension by a few turns? Not enough to let the mast sway but say 5-6
turns? What's the consensus?

Oh, how about covering the boat? Is it necessary? While looking around the
yard it seems most do not.

Ryan

October 16th 03 03:57 AM

In Drydock, Take the tension off of the standing rigging?

Please take a few turns off all the rigging - in the log write how many
turn per turnbuckle
Boat cover also a good idea

stu

m...

d parker October 16th 03 07:57 AM

In Drydock, Take the tension off of the standing rigging?

If you do take some turns of the rigging screws you can note it in the log
or use a permanent marker on them to mark the spot.

Here's some resins to cover the boat. Icing (maybe), Bird Poo, Dust or paint
spray from other boats, leaky deck fixtures etc. If none of these are a
problem I see no reason to cover the boat.

DP

m...