BoatBanter.com

-   -   Shrubbery dispute resolved (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/155575-shrubbery-dispute-resolved.html)

jps March 30th 13 09:39 PM

Shrubbery dispute resolved

Merikan style...

ENCINITAS, Calif. — A documentary filmmaker known for helping rescue
children from squalid Romanian orphanages in the early 1990s was
fatally shot following an apparent dispute over the trimming of
shrubbery outside his Southern California home, officials said Friday.

John Charles Upton Jr., 56, was found dead Thursday on a dirt path in
the yard of his Encinitas home. The San Diego County Sheriff's
Department said detectives arrested Michael Vilkin, 61, on suspicion
of murder. He was being held without bail, pending arraignment
Tuesday.

Upton, after learning of the plight of Romanian orphans, publicized
the brutal conditions and was instrumental in bringing an estimated
two dozen orphans to America for medical care and adoption.

Vilkin, in an interview conducted in county jail, told KGTV in San
Diego he fired gunshots in self-defense after Upton menaced him with a
gun during a dispute over foliage.

Vilkin said he owns vacant property next to Upton's home, and the two
men had a disagreement over trimming shrubs.

"I did not go to him," Vilkin told the station. "He came to me
threatening and pulled a gun (on) me."

A statement from the department said a dispute between the two men led
to the shooting, which was under investigation.

Upton's brother, Michael Upton, told U-T San Diego that his brother
and Vilkin previously argued about trees.

Upton's work in Romania also gained the attention of influential
activists, inspiring billionaire philanthropist Richard Branson and
actress Jessica Lange to help rescue youngsters from Romania.

Upton went on to create an online network of films about charitable
causes.

J Herring March 30th 13 10:10 PM

Shrubbery dispute resolved

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 14:39:47 -0700, jps wrote:

Merikan style...

MOs for jps.

How's Chicago, boy?

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

Tim March 30th 13 10:39 PM

Shrubbery dispute resolved

"Shrubbery dispute resolved"

Same here.

I shot down an 8" diameter Osage Orange Hedge with an M1-Garrand and
about 6/ 30-06 shells. I aimed about 6 in. above the ground at a
distance of approx 20 yrds

Odd way of dropping a tree, but it worked.

J Herring March 30th 13 11:45 PM

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 15:39:12 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

"Shrubbery dispute resolved"

Same here.

I shot down an 8" diameter Osage Orange Hedge with an M1-Garrand and
about 6/ 30-06 shells. I aimed about 6 in. above the ground at a
distance of approx 20 yrds

Odd way of dropping a tree, but it worked.

I had to break out that electric Makita chain saw to take down some big shrubs today. I love that
thing. Found the easy way to get shrubs out of the ground. Silverado 2500 with a diesel.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

JustWaitAFrekinMinute April 1st 13 05:15 PM

On 3/30/2013 6:10 PM, J Herring wrote:
On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 14:39:47 -0700, jps wrote:

Merikan style...

MOs for jps.

How's Chicago, boy?

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

You just don't understand John. This guy was a lot richer than those
kids in Chicago, not to mention he was a darling of the "activists"...
Obviously John, it's way more ok for him to pull a gun on a neighbor
than some kid in Chicago...

F.O.A.D. April 1st 13 05:17 PM

On 4/1/13 12:15 PM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
On 3/30/2013 6:10 PM, J Herring wrote:
On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 14:39:47 -0700, jps wrote:

Merikan style...

MOs for jps.

How's Chicago, boy?

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

You just don't understand John. This guy was a lot richer than those
kids in Chicago, not to mention he was a darling of the "activists"...
Obviously John, it's way more ok for him to pull a gun on a neighbor
than some kid in Chicago...

Getting anywhere with your claims of blackmail, offal pile?

F.O.A.D. April 1st 13 06:07 PM

On 4/1/13 1:08 PM, J Herring wrote:
On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 12:17:55 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 4/1/13 12:15 PM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
On 3/30/2013 6:10 PM, J Herring wrote:
On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 14:39:47 -0700, jps wrote:

Merikan style...

MOs for jps.

How's Chicago, boy?

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

You just don't understand John. This guy was a lot richer than those
kids in Chicago, not to mention he was a darling of the "activists"...
Obviously John, it's way more ok for him to pull a gun on a neighbor
than some kid in Chicago...

Getting anywhere with your claims of blackmail, offal pile?

How would you treat a pistol with a safety differently from one without?

Getting anywhere with the answer, oh knowledgeable one?

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

Told you already, John the Racist. I'm not playing your game.

J Herring April 1st 13 06:13 PM

On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 13:07:02 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

[...]

You can't. It would prove how stupid your little comments are.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.