BoatBanter.com

-   -   !kramer sail boat (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/15446-kramer-sail-boat.html)

homey July 13th 03 07:44 AM

!kramer sail boat

Does anyone know anything about this company? I saw an ad for a '74 Kramer
24' sail boat, but I cannot find anything out about this company, or this
type of boat.

SFXD June 28th 08 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homey (Post 106961)
Does anyone know anything about this company? I saw an ad for a '74 Kramer
24' sail boat, but I cannot find anything out about this company, or this
type of boat.

I owned a Kramer 24 back in the late 70's/early 80's. It was a fine little quarter ton... very quick.

It was hand built by Norbert Kramer in Bridgeport Connecticut. He would build only a handful a year.

He sailed out of Fayerweather Yacht Club in Black Rock Harbor, I believe.
A gentleman in Milford would win all the quarter ton races in the area in his. He was a much better racer than I, needless to say.

I sailed in Long Island Sound and up through Massachusetts and down through Barneget Bay NJ... Mine was sold by the ex as a lovely parting gift.

Miss the boat, "Afternoon Delight" (named before the insipid song by the same name) and miss sailing in general (currently live over an hour and a half from decent sailing territories)

Heaven Inspired February 6th 10 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homey (Post 106961)
Does anyone know anything about this company? I saw an ad for a '74 Kramer
24' sail boat, but I cannot find anything out about this company, or this
type of boat.

Just Bought a Kramer 24' Looking for more info on the boat/builder/interior... anything you can tell me, photos of inside and plans or design would be GREAT! Want to restore this hand made beauty back to original form.

Heaven Inspired February 6th 10 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFXD (Post 627706)
I owned a Kramer 24 back in the late 70's/early 80's. It was a fine little quarter ton... very quick.

It was hand built by Norbert Kramer in Bridgeport Connecticut. He would build only a handful a year.

He sailed out of Fayerweather Yacht Club in Black Rock Harbor, I believe.
A gentleman in Milford would win all the quarter ton races in the area in his. He was a much better racer than I, needless to say.

I sailed in Long Island Sound and up through Massachusetts and down through Barneget Bay NJ... Mine was sold by the ex as a lovely parting gift.

Miss the boat, "Afternoon Delight" (named before the insipid song by the same name) and miss sailing in general (currently live over an hour and a half from decent sailing territories)

I Just purchased a 1974 KRAMER 24' and want to restore it to the original form. Can't find any other information on it besides this post and the ouside measurements. The inside needs some work, so if you or anyone can help me with where to find the info or share some photos you might have of the boat you used to own, I'd be very greatful. Sorry your wife sold yours, that was uncalled for. You can come sail her if you'd like.
Email me:

jameswilliam November 27th 10 11:46 AM

It is nice to purchased the KARMER boat. As the KARMER boat I like its precious wood. But I continues to drop one of my sailboat, causing panic among young people and decision-making.

carbojacob December 16th 10 01:57 PM

As the boat KARMER better plywood in order to increase the ship's life. Another thing is that the gentleman in Milford will win in the region this quarter tons in all his games. He is a better racer than I am, needless to say.

OlvrHoompe December 5th 18 08:44 PM

Kramer

Quote:

Originally Posted by homey (Post 106961)
Does anyone know anything about this company? I saw an ad for a '74 Kramer
24' sail boat, but I cannot find anything out about this company, or this
type of boat.

I own one and am glad to share what i know if still interested.

OlvrHoompe December 5th 18 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heaven Inspired (Post 780301)

OlvrHoompe December 5th 18 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heaven Inspired (Post 780368)
I Just purchased a 1974 KRAMER 24' and want to restore it to the original form. Can't find any other information on it besides this post and the ouside measurements. The inside needs some work, so if you or anyone can help me with where to find the info or share some photos you might have of the boat you used to own, I'd be very greatful. Sorry your wife sold yours, that was uncalled for. You can come sail her if you'd like.
Email me:

I own one and glad to share what i know if still interested.