BoatBanter.com

-   -   Canada, Oh Canada... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/152970-canada-oh-canada.html)

John H.[_5_] August 6th 12 10:17 PM

Canada, Oh Canada...

....your women's soccer team put up a hell of a fight.

But...I'm glad ours won.

WTG Team USA!!!

X ` Man[_3_] August 6th 12 10:18 PM

Canada, Oh Canada...

On 8/6/12 5:17 PM, John H. wrote:
...your women's soccer team put up a hell of a fight.

But...I'm glad ours won.

WTG Team USA!!!

Mindless jingoism.

--
I'm a liberal because the militant fundamentalist ignorant
science-denying religious xenophobic corporate oligarchy of modern

*e#c August 6th 12 10:34 PM

Canada, Oh Canada...

On Aug 6, 5:17*pm, John H. wrote:
...your women's soccer team put up a hell of a fight.

But...I'm glad ours won.

WTG Team USA!!!

Who cares? The Olympics are a waste of time, and money.

North Star August 7th 12 12:18 AM

Canada, Oh Canada...

On Aug 6, 6:17*pm, John H. wrote:
...your women's soccer team put up a hell of a fight.

But...I'm glad ours won.

WTG Team USA!!!

I only saw the last 10 minutes and it all seemed to be going the
'merican way. Those girls in blue played well and deserved the win.

BAR[_2_] August 7th 12 12:23 AM

Canada, Oh Canada...

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 17:18:28 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 8/6/12 5:17 PM, John H. wrote:
...your women's soccer team put up a hell of a fight.

But...I'm glad ours won.

WTG Team USA!!!

Mindless jingoism.

Was your praise of the Flying Squirrel jingoistic?

Harry has no integrity, he only has animosity.

Wayne.B August 7th 12 12:37 AM

Canada, Oh Canada...

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 16:18:22 -0700 (PDT), North Star
wrote:

On Aug 6, 6:17*pm, John H. wrote:
...your women's soccer team put up a hell of a fight.

But...I'm glad ours won.

WTG Team USA!!!

I only saw the last 10 minutes and it all seemed to be going the
'merican way. Those girls in blue played well and deserved the win.

===

And that is the essence of good sportsmanship. Thank you Don.

[email protected] August 7th 12 02:45 AM

Canada, Oh Canada...

wrote:

On Aug 6, 6:17*pm, John H. wrote:

...your women's soccer team put up a hell of a fight.

But...I'm glad ours won.

WTG Team USA!!!

I only saw the last 10 minutes and it all seemed to be going the

'merican way. Those girls in blue played well and deserved the win.

===

And that is the essence of good sportsmanship. Thank you Don.

Except he still can't spell "American". That's not good sportsmanship.

John H.[_5_] August 7th 12 11:24 AM

Canada, Oh Canada...

On Aug 6, 6:17*pm, John H. wrote:
...your women's soccer team put up a hell of a fight.

But...I'm glad ours won.

WTG Team USA!!!

I only saw the last 10 minutes and it all seemed to be going the
'merican way. Those girls in blue played well and deserved the win.

I saw the first ten minutes, saw Canada score the first goal and thought, "Oh ****, the USA team has
met ifs match." I quit watching 'til my wife turned it on later, saw it was 3-3 and continued
watching. Thrilling ending - both teams playing their hearts out.

North Star August 7th 12 02:06 PM

Canada, Oh Canada...

On Aug 6, 6:17*pm, John H. wrote:
...your women's soccer team put up a hell of a fight.

But...I'm glad ours won.

WTG Team USA!!!

I only saw the last 10 minutes and it all seemed to be going the
'merican way. *Those girls in blue played well and deserved the win.

I saw the first ten minutes, saw Canada score the first goal and thought, "Oh ****, the USA team has
met ifs match." I quit watching 'til my wife turned it on later, saw it was 3-3 and continued
watching. Thrilling ending - both teams playing their hearts out.

I'm thinking it must have been more competitive during regular
time..as the announcer said Canada took the lead three times.
We either faded in overtime or the USA kicked it up another gear.
Most of the play seemed to be in Canada's end and the girls in blue
were always in the right spot to make a play or quickly stop any
attempts by Canada.