Default Yo Tim!

"Eisboch" wrote:
"X ` Man" wrote in message m...

Did you know Howie Vidal at Amity, btw? He was related to Gore, who died
the other day.

---------------------------------------

Drawing a blank. I seem to remember a girl ... Evie Vidal .... but she was 2 or 3 years
behind me ... closer to my sister's age and class.

I only attended Amity for one year .... when I attended that is ....

Howe had a sister but I don't recall her name.
--
Romneyism - The "Bain" of Our Existence

On Aug 2, 6:44*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Eisboch" *wrote in message

"X ` Man" *wrote in messagenews:MaCdnWrTVdvPPYfNnZ2dnUVZ_uidnZ2d@earth link.com...

On 8/2/12 11:39 AM, North Star wrote:

On Aug 2, 10:23 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"iBoaterer" *wrote in message

Mount Pleasant is a great place. If you son doesn't know about it,
tell
him to go to The Wreck of the Richard and Charlene, or as the
locals
call it, The Wreck. There is no sign on the place, but once you
find
it,
it's the best seafood in all of Charleston.

-------------------------------------

I think you mentioned "The Wreck" in an earlier post and I
mentioned
it in
an e-mail to my son. * He knows exactly where it is and is going to
try it
(may have already).

They just moved down there in early July. *He's been scouting the
area
out and so far they love it. * A little hot, but they'll get used
it.

Wonder where that Larry guy from either Savanagh or Charlston is
these
days *He was an old navy type who had loads of info on the Carolinas

Larry...forgot about him. I have an email addy for him somewhere, but
don't know if it is still a good addy. He doesn't seem to post in
rec.boats.cruising anymore but, then, hardly anyone does. Larry live
along the river in Charleston.

Is Larry the guy who rebuilt vintage Merc outboards or something?
I remember someone who seemed to have parts for almost anything
from the 40's or 50's. * This was back when rec.boats was a boating
newsgroup, of course.

Ah... the old rusty disk drive in my head slowly started spinning.
Larry wasn't the Merc guy. * *Larry repaired and serviced Hammond
organs.

It was another guy ... started with a "C" *that had the old Mercs.

You thinking of the guy they called Clams or something similar?

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"North Star" wrote in message

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

[...]

----------------------------------
Clams Carino. Just came to me.

On Aug 3, 12:37*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"North Star" *wrote in message

On Aug 2, 6:44 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

m...

"iBoaterer" *wrote in message

[...]

Back to that 'Larry' guy. looks like a post of mine didn't make it
from yesterday.
My memories of Larry are..
he was very proud of his hometown (Charlston?) and only too happy to
offer advice to visitors.
he repaired church organs for a living
he drove an older Mercedes diesel sedan that he converted to burn used
frying oil that he collected from local restaurants
he worked his way onto a rich mans yacht with his electronics talents
and general handyman skills... probably learned in his navy days
he never forgave the Israelies for shooting up an American destroyer
during one of the wars over there.