BoatBanter.com

-   -   decent used boat for Great Lakes? Ebb Tide (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1472-decent-used-boat-great-lakes-ebb-tide.html)

mark s October 7th 03 12:10 AM

decent used boat for Great Lakes? Ebb Tide

I am looking for a decent used boat for the Great Lakes, something
22-25 feet w/ a cuddy (not a walk-around). Primary purpose will be
fishing, but I would also like it to be suited for recreation/leisure.
Looking to spend b/w $6k and $12k, so probably targeting something in
the year range of 1984-1992.
I recently saw an Ebb Tide Catalina for sale. Is this a decent boat?
I also saw a nice Sea Ray, but it was on the older end of my desired
year range.
I think the Ebb Tide was a specialized fishing boat, and the Sea Ray
was a leisure boat (back-to-back seating) converted to fishing. Any
other suggestions for a decent, used, mid-quality boat? (I wouldn't
expect to find a Boston Whaler in this year/$-range, but I think I'm
leaning away from Bayliners also!)

I hear Sea Ray makes fantastic heavy duty boats. I haven't heard
anything about the Ebb Tide.

-Mark

me October 8th 03 09:05 PM

decent used boat for Great Lakes? Ebb Tide

I am looking for a decent used boat for the Great Lakes, something
22-25 feet w/ a cuddy (not a walk-around). Primary purpose will be
fishing, but I would also like it to be suited for recreation/leisure.
Looking to spend b/w $6k and $12k,

Hi Mark,
I've got a friend who's thinking about selling his boat and getting something
bigger. The boat is a cuddy cabin set up for fishing about 24 feet long with a
trailer. It's located near Toledo Ohio on the Maumee river. If you want I have
him send you a e-mail with more details. Please put "fishing boat" in the
subject line so I know who it's from.

John