BoatBanter.com

-   -   Opinion on Seaswirl Striper 21 foot walk around (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1461-opinion-seaswirl-striper-21-foot-walk-around.html)

Mole October 6th 03 12:33 AM

Opinion on Seaswirl Striper 21 foot walk around

What's everyone's opinion on the Seaswirl Striper 21 foot walk around? I'm
looking at a new 2004 21 foot walk around with Volvo Penta 4.3L GXi 220hp
I/O. Standard features include the aerated live baitwell, 2 fish lockers,
recessed tackle box, built in swim platform with 3 step ladder, full set of
Faria guages, self bailing deck, sea water washdown, etc. Extras include
fresh water washdown, dual batteries, AM/FM/CD player, mini galley, porta
potti with pump out, hard top with full curtains, starboard windshield
wiper, rear seats and trim tabs. Dealer is giving me a good price...$35K
out the door...NY tax, freight, etc included. Also includes galvanized
roller trailer with fold away hitch. Any input appreciated. Don't just
say it sucks...let's have some facts. Thanks.

Clams Canino October 6th 03 12:47 AM

Opinion on Seaswirl Striper 21 foot walk around

I have a Seaswirl 17.5 footer.

My overall impression is real nice - it handles chop at least as well as my
older 4-Winns did. Wife says better. I took it about 7 miles out to sea a
few weeks ago and was impressed enough that's I'd take it out to Georges
bank - on a good calm day.

It seems very well built overall - but I wasn't impressed with the cooler
mounting or the swim ladder mounting. Also they used silicone seal instead
of 5200 on the motor mounting - I don't know if this was at the dealer or
the factory though. The rub rail isn't top shelf stuff - but works ok.

The underdash wireing was "so so" I've seen neater - I've seen a lot worse -
LOL.

I'd endorse the boat - yes.

I ran into another guy with one and he liked it too - I asked him.

-W

. net...

miami vice October 8th 03 03:34 AM

"Mole" wrote in message .net...
What's everyone's opinion on the Seaswirl Striper 21 foot walk around? I'm
looking at a new 2004 21 foot walk around with Volvo Penta 4.3L GXi 220hp
I/O. Standard features include the aerated live baitwell, 2 fish lockers,
recessed tackle box, built in swim platform with 3 step ladder, full set of
Faria guages, self bailing deck, sea water washdown, etc. Extras include
fresh water washdown, dual batteries, AM/FM/CD player, mini galley, porta
potti with pump out, hard top with full curtains, starboard windshield
wiper, rear seats and trim tabs. Dealer is giving me a good price...$35K
out the door...NY tax, freight, etc included. Also includes galvanized
roller trailer with fold away hitch. Any input appreciated. Don't just
say it sucks...let's have some facts. Thanks.

I have the 2003 Seaswirl Striper 21 foot dual console with an
outboard. The boat is just average quality. It is a very good value
for the dollar. I made a lot of changes after I got the boat to
improve its quality and functionality. I bought it because it had the
best layout for me. I saw a few other brands with much better
quality.
For your style of boat a much nicer layout is an Angler 22 walk around
( but only the classic model, not their modern euro style look ).
It's much blander and less sexy than the Seaswirl, but it has much
more room.
Miami Vice

Clams Canino October 8th 03 03:38 AM

Opinion on Seaswirl Striper 21 foot walk around

This opinion does not conflict with mine - I have the runnabout - not a
fishing boat. I also LOVE the layout of my new Seaswirl. I love it enough to
overlook or redo any rough edges.

-W (had so little time with it - sniff)