BoatBanter.com

-   -   Amsoil for premix 2 cycle outboard (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1421-amsoil-premix-2-cycle-outboard.html)

Bill Donahue October 4th 03 02:39 AM

Amsoil for premix 2 cycle outboard

Does anyone use Amsoil for there outboard motors? I have an 1988 60hp
johnson. If so, what kind? Any recomendations appreciated.

DaveH October 4th 03 05:22 AM

Amsoil for premix 2 cycle outboard

I do not, because on their website I noticed that it said it is recommended
for TCW-3 instead of being actually certified. I do use Amsoil in my truck,
though.

Dave

Messing In Boats October 6th 03 09:57 PM

Amsoil for premix 2 cycle outboard

Pennzoil makes a synthetic TC-3 for 2 cycle premix, or whatever that
grading is. I find it smokes and smells less ,than the regular stuff.