BoatBanter.com

-   -   Mississippi gets aggressive with Asian carp | The Associated Press| News | Washington Examiner (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/141331-mississippi-gets-aggressive-asian-carp-%7C-associated-press%7C-news-%7C-washington-examiner.html)

Lil Abner November 5th 11 10:45 PM

Mississippi gets aggressive with Asian carp | The Associated Press| News | Washington Examiner

Them gonna be some humdinger Gar that can swallow a hundred pound carp
per day.
It ought not take about 20 years for the Gar to get to 50 lbs.
Something ain't right with this picture.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/2...ive-asian-carp

Tim November 6th 11 01:01 AM

On Nov 5, 5:45*pm, Lil Abner wrote:
Them gonna be some humdinger Gar that can swallow a hundred pound carp
per day.
It ought not take about 20 years for the Gar to get to 50 lbs.
Something ain't right with this picture.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/2...gets-aggressiv...

replacing a predator with another isn't really a wise idea.

Tim November 6th 11 01:06 AM

On Nov 5, 8:01*pm, Tim wrote:
On Nov 5, 5:45*pm, Lil Abner wrote:

Them gonna be some humdinger Gar that can swallow a hundred pound carp
per day.
It ought not take about 20 years for the Gar to get to 50 lbs.
Something ain't right with this picture.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/2...gets-aggressiv...

replacing a predator with another isn't really a wise idea.

Then again....

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...objectID=28945

JustWait November 6th 11 01:27 AM

On 11/5/2011 9:01 PM, Tim wrote:
On Nov 5, 5:45 pm, Lil wrote:
Them gonna be some humdinger Gar that can swallow a hundred pound carp
per day.
It ought not take about 20 years for the Gar to get to 50 lbs.
Something ain't right with this picture.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/2...gets-aggressiv...

replacing a predator with another isn't really a wise idea.

So, getting rid of your gun? I mean, you replaced the mountain lion and
the bear in your neck of the woods;) We had Gypsy Moths an imported tree
killer which was about to literally wipe out the leaf trees in our area
of the north east when I was little. Iirc they brought in a small
(pretty much oblivious to humans and such but ate this particular moth
larvae) wasp that finally took them out. Now if memory serves me, the
wasps were controlled by the yellow lady bugs brought in later...

For several years we had to wrap our tree trunks with sticky tape,
goo, grease whatever to kill them. There would be thousands in a tree
but they came down at night so you could take care of them in the yard.
We had scout troops that went out and did wooded areas... Between that
and the wasps, I rarely see them around anymore at all.. In our case
anyway, it helped to bring in another predator.