BoatBanter.com

-   -   P&H Orca 16 info?? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/14080-p-h-orca-16-info.html)

bub July 7th 04 05:42 AM

P&H Orca 16 info??

Hello,
I've been paddling in kayaks (much longer in canoes) for only about three
years and mainly lakes. I'm looking for opinions on the P&H Orca 16. I like
a boat that doesn't feel "tippy", in other words stable, and one that, more
importantly tracks straight. I don't like fooling with rudders. I read on
their website that the Orca fits the bill, any opinions? I like the weight
at 50lbs. its about what a 60 year old can lift. Its plastic so I don't have
to worry about scratches, which happen where I paddle.
Thanks much for any help.
Bub

nbseer August 22nd 04 03:47 AM

I have an Orca 16, and bought it because of its relatively light weight for
a plastic boat. Its a straight-tracking boat for a little bit under 16
feet, and seems very stable. But I can carve turns thanks to well-placed
knee/thight supports.

Very comfortable seat. The only thing I'm not happy about is, at 5'8" and
160 pounds, the cockpit is too big for me.

Probably more suited for bigger kayakers.. but all in all, a good deal and
a well-designed boat.