Default Real Class Warfare

On 10/31/11 1:35 PM, Califbill wrote:
wrote in message ...

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:32:02 -0400, wrote:

You are wrong. If this guy "walked into your house" at 1:30AM, you are
an idiot for not locking your door. Since you did not lock your door,
you (and your family) most likely had a "duty to retreat."

That depends on where you live. The obligation of retreat is mostly a
north eastern and left coast, blue state thing.
In Florida, all you need is a fear of bodily harm and you have the
right to use force. These days that is extended from the home to
"anywhere you have a legal right to be" with the "stand your ground"
law. In your home, RV or boat, the mere fact that someone is there is
usually enough evidence that you can infer the intent of bodily harm.
In most cases I have watched here locally they extend that to your
yard. (guys shooting unarmed auto burglars)
The state's attorneys have been very reluctant to bring cases against
these people after a few were tossed on "stand your ground".

California is actually a "Frontier State" regarding shooting house
invaders. It is defacto that you were fearing for your life when you
shoot a home invader. Even on the front porch.

I wouldn't shoot an ingersoll or iloogy or other such violent zombie for
standing on the front porch. If they forced their way in, I would
conclude they were home invaders and make sure they left on a gurney
with a blanket over their faces. In Maryland, the law would be on my side.

In article , dump-on-
says...

wrote:

[...]

Yep, that's our coward Harry for you! Answers his door with a weapon at
the ready!!

"Califbill" wrote in message
m...
snip
That depends on where you live. The obligation of retreat is mostly a
north eastern and left coast, blue state thing.
In Florida, all you need is a fear of bodily harm and you have the
right to use force. These days that is extended from the home to
"anywhere you have a legal right to be" with the "stand your ground"
law. In your home, RV or boat, the mere fact that someone is there is
usually enough evidence that you can infer the intent of bodily harm.
In most cases I have watched here locally they extend that to your
yard. (guys shooting unarmed auto burglars)
The state's attorneys have been very reluctant to bring cases against
these people after a few were tossed on "stand your ground".

In SE Floriduh right now it appears as if two murderers, with three dead
guys to their credit, are going to walk on this law. When considering that
state, remember many folks don't vote and among those who do Medicare fraud
is "thought" to qualify someone for the governor's office. Florida has been
extremely jealous of Texas after Perry and the Texas school board won it the
title of Stupid State of the Decade.

GOP class warfare wf3h[_2_] General 8 August 27th 11 03:03 AM
class warfare in texas wf3h[_2_] General 1 August 19th 11 10:03 PM
First-class quality, first-class service ddddd Cruising 0 October 26th 07 01:06 PM
Mass Immigration as Biological Warfare [email protected] General 0 August 21st 06 10:42 PM
Vendee Globe virtual following in real time and real winds Hervé Le Cornec General 0 October 27th 04 12:15 PM