BoatBanter.com

-   -   Impex Mystic vs. Eddyline Merlin LT (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/13940-impex-mystic-vs-eddyline-merlin-lt.html)

Warren May 14th 04 04:43 PM

Impex Mystic vs. Eddyline Merlin LT

I have an Eddyline Night Hawk and my wife has an Impex Mystic. We're
considering the purchase of a third boat, mostly to have a spare, and
it lools like the choice is between another Mystic or an Eddyline
Merlin LT. I'm leaning strongly toward the Merlin LT for two reasons.

1. Might as well get something different, why have two Mystics?

2. The Mystic is a bit tight for me, but the LT has the same cockpit
dimensions as my Night Hawk so I ought to be comfortable in it. (I
weigh 200 lbs)

All of our paddling is day trips, usually 6 to 12 miles on bays,
inlets, estuaries, etc. on Cape Cod.

Anyone have any comments on these two choices?

Bobo May 27th 04 06:58 AM

Impex Mystic vs. Eddyline Merlin LT

I seriously considered buying the Eddyline Merlin LT. I weigh 175
lbs. , 5'7" tall. The cockpit opening size wasn't a problem;
however, the volume inside and around the cockpit was too low. I
could not bend my knees up to get a good solid brace so it felt real
unstable. For this reason, I had to eliminate the Merlin LT from
consideration.

In my opinion, at 200 lbs., you're way too BIG for the Merlin LT.