BoatBanter.com

-   -   This heat sucks! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/136119-heat-sucks.html)

Tim July 22nd 11 04:19 AM

This heat sucks!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+City+IL+62824

getting really old. Too hot to work on the boat. crops are getting
heat stressed, in some places livestock are falling dead, Low water
lakes (especially in Oklahoma) are turning toxic due to algae and
stagnation.

Not good!

Actually I shouldn't complain because: 1.) It isn't 110 degrees; 2.)
I'm not 5,700 miles from home; 3.) I'm not dressed in a full BDU
uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and 4.) There is very little
chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb
in the road today! I'm proud of all the Vets who serve. And to thee I
give thanks!

Harryk July 22nd 11 02:06 PM

This heat sucks!

In article 728baba5-6a81-4635-bb2f-a5e277146641
@p14g2000yqj.googlegroups.com, says...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+City+IL+62824

getting really old. Too hot to work on the boat. crops are getting
heat stressed, in some places livestock are falling dead, Low water
lakes (especially in Oklahoma) are turning toxic due to algae and
stagnation.

Not good!

Actually I shouldn't complain because: 1.) It isn't 110 degrees; 2.)
I'm not 5,700 miles from home; 3.) I'm not dressed in a full BDU
uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and 4.) There is very little
chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb
in the road today! I'm proud of all the Vets who serve. And to thee I
give thanks!

In my world, it's always a perfect 75. It's because I'm special.